- Certified guide
- Taste of local wine
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
An Oenological Jaunt by Foot | Fenais da Luz
Cultural ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
An Oenological Jaunt by Foot | Fenais da Luz
Wine tasting Tour Fenais da Luz – Half daySao Miguel island
On the north coast of the island, the family-owned vineyards that hold on to the apparent infertile, rocky soundness of the hills produce another slopped scenery. It talks of grapes, determination and hard work under the sun.
Decades of persistent and artisanal labour, in family farms, gave birth to red and white wines that you will be able to taste, offered by the owners amidst the warmth and the stories told.
An enlightening tour through «Quinta da Jardinete» will thrill enologists, but also any one of us.
Wine lovers, this is for you
The wine from the Azores is not to be missed, it is very different from regular wines in the continent.
The wine you will taste is from a vineyard growing here in São Miguel.
Don’t drink and drive
Our guide is here to guide you safely after the wine tasting!
This tour is 100% local. It will take you to vineyards from the island, where delicious wine is made by a family-owned company.
Thanks to years of hard work, these wine makers is currently able to produce and sell their white and red wines around the islands.
Taste it and tell us what you think!
– After the check-in at our shop or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, we will head to Fenais da Luz.
Quinta da Jardinete Vineyards
– Quinta da Jardinete is a small family-owned winery and vineyard originally planted in 1989. Because the current vineyard is nurtured by hand, nestled into the mountainside, they produce a limited quantities of bottles per year. Certainly, it is the culmination of a decade of hard work and dedication.
– It is already a well-known brand and has won some national awards thanks to the good wine.
At the winery
– On this tour, you will walk through the property and distinguish the varieties at the plantations. Also, we will tell you about all the conditions, procedures and care needed to grow grapes. And of course, we will visit the winery and learn about all the techniques for wine making.
– At the end, everyone is of course invited to taste the wines that are also available for direct sale. And at last, we will drive you back to Ponta Delgada.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Wine tasting Tour Fenais da Luz – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- You can book for fewer people. If the minimum is not met on that daym tou can reschedule, assume the full value of the experience (6 people) or cancel at least 48 hours beforehand
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.