- Boat tickets (Ponta Delgada – Vila do Porto) both ways
- Full-day excursion on Santa Maria island
- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Santa Maria in a day
Van ToursSanta Maria island Request Tour
Santa Maria in a day
Visit to Santa Maria Island – Full daySanta Maria island
Only three hours away, by boat, from São Miguel, but so different from it thanks to its dryer, warmer climate. Santa Maria has, thus, a sunny essence that results in a different type of beauty:
Geological formations similar to millennial stratifications, strange extensions of earth that resemble the lunar surface; but also, Mediterranean-like bays with light sand where small boats reel.
Tree branches hanging to the weight of the fruits, waiting by the roadside; woods melted by shades, by the delicious gastronomy, and by the sweet, persistent light.
Here it is possible to observe fossils of various marine species. Santa Maria is the only island in the archipelago with sedimentary soils.
Santa Maria’s melons
They are the most juicy, sweet and fresh you can taste. The island’s soils, climate and production methods are responsible for the quality of this special fruit.
During the summertime, there are boats between São Miguel and Santa Maria.
Those are the two islands of the Oriental group and are only about 3 hours away.
This is a great oportunity to take in order to visit more than one island without having to stay the night on the other one.
We will take you to the most important points of interest in the island of the sun and tell you everything about it.
– This experience starts and ends in Ponta Delgada, São Miguel island.
– It includes the boat trip (round-trip on the same day) and a full-day excursion in Santa Maria.
– Get to know this island in a personalized way. We prepare our experiences giving special attention to the interests of our visitors.
– You will get to see geological points of interest of rare beauty. On the way, astonishing bays and traditional parishes await. And of course, we will learn more about the cultural and historical heritage of Santa Maria.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
Back to Ponta Delgada
– At the end of a long day, we come back to Ponta Delgada. Enjoy the rest of your time to relax.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Visit to Santa Maria Island – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- You can book for fewer people. If the minimum is not met on that daym tou can reschedule, assume the full value of the experience (2 people) or cancel at least 48 hours beforehand
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.