- Certified guide
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
- Wine tasting in the local wine cooperative
The culture of Pico wine
Van ToursPico island
The culture of Pico wine
Van Tour – Pico Wine CulturePico island
This is a story that started in the 15th century, with the early settlement, and continued through these successive rows of basaltic stone that cut the scenery, erected as pieces in an enchanting game.
Touring the south coast you will be able to reconstitute the adventure of the wine from the islands, once served at the Czars’ table. The narrative of how the culture adapted to the land and sought to shape nature, from the sea to the hills, is written in the bare soil of the island.
And the endemic vegetation and the surrounding sea frame it, adding details of original art.
How the life of Pico wine changed
Did you know that Pico wine has already been exported to almost the whole world?
Vineyards patchwork blanket
Extensive lava fields make up the landscape of the vine culture of Pico island.
On Pico Island, an impressive maze of dry stone walls was created to protect vines.
Come with us to discover the testimonies of this wine cycle.
We tell you the secrets of the wine of Pico island in an experience full of history in the stunning wine landscape, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– After the check in Madalena, we are ready to go on this interesting trip. During the day, you will learn so much about Pico island and its wine culture.
– Finally, we will reach the vineyards of Criação Velha, the heart of the UNESCO Heritage.
– Taking a stroll through the area, it becomes clear why Pico’s wine is so different and unique in the world. In the nearby wine cooperative, we will have the opportunity to taste the wine.
– Then, it is time to return to Lajes do Pico.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour – Pico Wine Culture
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Van Tour – Pico Wine Culture
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers