- Certified guide
- Wine tasting: 3 wines OR Czar 2 wines
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Tasting of the Best Pico Wines
Van ToursPico island Request Tour
Tasting of the Best Pico Wines
Pico Island Wine Tasting ExperiencePico island
Highly recommended for enologists, life lovers, and adult human beings in general!
Savor this craftly-produced liquid that releases almost emotional aromas; and do it in the company of the producers themselves, at the sound of memories connected to the stories of long family walks around the wine and the vineyards.
This is why the producers cherish the homestead and the stumps as if a work of their own… these tales will take place in the set of the wine cellars whose stones also witnessed the birth of the dream of a great wine.
Or stroll amidst the stumps, shoots or promising bunches with a sea line at the bottom and the taste of fruits softening your palate…
Tête-à-tête with Pico wine producers
Tasting local wine with the producers’ cellars adds a special touch to the savor.
Exclusive Wine Tasting
Futurismo takes you to a special wine cellar, you choose!
If you are a wine lover, you are on the island of Pico, and you want to learn the history of Pico wine, then this is your best choice!
With us you will be able to visit one of two wineries with Pico wine production and meet the producers themselves.
One of them produces high quality certified wines and exports for Michelin-starred restaurants around the world.
The other winery belongs to a small private producer with a family tradition, who followed in the footsteps of his father, and today, it is the only one on the island that produces the original liqueur wine from Pico (not fortified).
– We will visit either the wine cellars of Azores Wine Company (Cais do Mourato) or the ones of Czar (São Roque).
Azores Wine Company (Cais do Mourato)
– The Azores Wine Company exists since 2014. They are producing certified high quality wines and export them to Michelin star restaurants worldwide. Their main focus lies on white wines made out of the island’s original grape varieties. That is because of the special characteristics of the island (Terroir).
Czar wine cellars
– The Czar is a small particular producer that stepped in the footsteps of his father. Moreover, it is the only one on the island producing the original licorous Pico wine (not fortified).
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Pico Island Wine Tasting Experience
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Pico Island Wine Tasting Experience
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers