- Certified guide
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Relax and enjoy the ride to wonderland
Van ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Relax and enjoy the ride to wonderland
Van Tour to Sete Cidades – Half daySao Miguel island
In a van tour through the island, our guides focus on comfort, safety, and experiencing significant involvements.
Lagoons are as sceneries in a wonderful story; the van slides amidst the protected landscape, friendly folks, a sublime relief, and multicolored lands.
In a peaceful ride we apprehend how certain lagoons can change their shade in a pursue of time; how the birds in the island can be elusive or curious about us; how insects, over the water, reveal the lightness of their wings in a glide of colors; how the heather, in the mountains, releases scents into the air; how the sun can focus on the sea and cliffs while dancing with the mist.
Enjoy your vacation without worries! With us you don’t need to rent a car to visit our beautiful green island. We will drive for you!
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
Relax on pure nature
Surrounded by lush walls of the volcanic crater, you can listen to birds and enjoy beautiful sceneries.
Our driver guide will explain you lots of interesting facts about the island and Sete Cidades.
This is a unique place with incredible landscapes that you will not see somewhere else.
A van tour is a comfortable way of discovering the beauty of the island.
On this half-day trip, you will have the opportunity to see some of the most scenic lakes of São Miguel within the volcanic complex of Sete Cidades.
This van tour to Sete Cidades is ideal to better know the protected landscape of this area and enjoy the quiet that is so hard to find.
– Before starting this adventure, we will welcome you to our shop for the check-in.
– There is also the opportunity to pick you up if you choose that option.
Pico do Carvão
– After the check-in, we will head to our first location: Sete Cidades volcanic complex.
– We will begin with Pico do Carvão where you will be able to enjoy many wonderful views.
Lagoa de Santiago
– Lagoa de Santiago is next on the list, with its lush vegetation. Depending on the weather, this lake can appear blue or green.
Bridge of Sete Cidades
– On the bridge of Sete Cidades, our guide will tell you about the ancient love legend behind the formation of the green and blue lakes. You will also stop by the long tunnel linking Sete Cidades to Mosteiros.
Vista do Rei belvedere
– The perfect end to this tour is definitely Vista do Rei viewpoint. Indeed, it is one of the most emblematic and best-known landscapes of São Miguel.
– The splendid panoramic view over one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal is absolutely magical. It is a must-see while on holidays in the Azores.
– Its name comes from the visit of King Dom Carlos I and Queen Dona Amelia in 1901. They contemplated Sete Cidades from this very same spot.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour to Sete Cidades – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Van Tour to Sete Cidades – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers