- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Complete sightseeing of Sete Cidades
Van ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Complete sightseeing of Sete Cidades
Van Tour to Sete Cidades – Full daySao Miguel island
Viewpoints located hundreds of meters above the sea level, old bridges, tunnels, and lagoons…
In an island from where the past was not banned, where nature was not destroyed, and where the authentic folks maintain a certain sanctity in their manners, the contact amongst cultures is friendly and curious; the scenery is enjoyably astonishing, and the rewarding experiences complete us.
The land is an oasis of wet vegetation, basaltic rocks, and water springs; and the ocean, in such manner so special that we can feel it, is naturally heated in certain points by geothermal power.
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Lava delta volcanic waters
Ponta da Ferraria is famous for its volcanic thermal waters! Thanks to the two thermal springs that exist here it is always a pleasure to visit this natural pool in the southwest of São Miguel and take the opportunity to dive in this Natural Monument.
Eden garden is in São Miguel
The pure nature you will see during this tour is really incredible.
From love, Nature was born
Be surprised by the old love legend associated with the formation of Lagoa das Sete Cidades, between the blue and green lakes. Our guides will tell you the story like no one else!
Don’t rush into visiting several regions in the same day and take time to explore deeply one area of São Miguel.
Discover so many different landscapes in only one day, at Sete Cidades.
From lakes to volcanoes, viewpoints to lush vegetation, there are so many things to see!
And to end the day in the best way, we want to take you to Ferraria, where you can go for a swim if the weather conditions allow.
There, you can feel the water of the Atlantic Ocean warmed naturally inside the volcanic fissure. When the tide is low, it can really be hot!
Pico do Carvão
– After the check-in, we will head to our first location: Sete Cidades volcanic complex.
– We will begin with Pico do Carvão where you will be able to enjoy many wonderful views.
Vista do Rei belvedere
– Vista do Rei (“the King’s viewpoint”) is one of the most emblematic and best-known landscapes of São Miguel.
– The splendid panoramic view over one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal is absolutely magical. Indeed, it is a must-see while on holidays in the Azores.
– Its name comes from the visit of King Dom Carlos I and Queen Dona Amelia in 1901. They contemplated Sete Cidades from this very same spot.
Lagoa de Santiago
– Lagoa de Santiago is next on the list, with its lush vegetation. Depending on the weather, this lake can appear blue or green.
Bridge of Sete Cidades
– On the bridge of Sete Cidades, our guide will tell you about the ancient love legend behind the formation of the green and blue lakes. You will also stop by the long tunnel linking Sete Cidades to Mosteiros.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
Ponta do Escalvado
– Let’s leave the beautiful area of Sete Cidades to explore the coast. We will stop at Ponta do Escalvado. This viewpoint offers a great panorama over Mosteiros and Ferraria, at about 150m above sea level (500ft).
Ponta da Ferraria
– Last but not least, we will stop at Ponta da Ferraria. It is a magical place where the water from the Atlantic Ocean is naturally heated by a volcanic fissure.
– When the tide is low, it is possible to swim in the warm water to end the day in a perfect way. Then, we will go back to the city.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour to Sete Cidades – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
We have done 5 trips with Futurismo and they have all been great. Our guide, Thomas, tweaked the agenda a little to suit the needs of our small group.
The full-day whale watching is not to be missed and the dolphin swimming was fantastic, even in rough seas.
Our other highlights were Terra Nostra gardens and hot bathing pools at Furnas and cycling and kayaking at Sete Cidades.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Van Tour to Sete Cidades – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers