- Stop in Povoação village for refreshments
- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Where it all began
Van ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Where it all began
Van Tour to PovoaçãoSao Miguel island
We will take you on a tour around the delicacies of the local gastronomy; around the magnificence of the sceneries, while interacting with the islanders, sharing fantastic stories.
The contact with a stimulating culture, with special people and monuments from the past is just the plot for this action and enchantment movie in which you will take part; there is also a high quality image, a soft sound directed by nature, and the perfect script for your dream vacations!
The first settlement in São Miguel
Povoação was the first part of the island to be discovered and populated.
Landscapes and History
In addition to beautiful nature, you will also visit a museum!
Different views on the island
From the various viewpoints where we will stop, enjoy beautiful views of the island and the ocean.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Comfort and safety hand in hand
Time in the Azores is slower and on board one of our comfortable vans, it is even better to discover the beautiful island of São Miguel.
Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Paz
The legend says that some pastors found an image… Join us on this tour to know all about this mystery story!
This is a tour in the comfort of a van, offering to know the origins of the history of São Miguel island.
We are going to visit the first place to be inhabited: Povoação village.
We will get to know some traditions and how the economy of the Azores evolved, at the Museum of the Wheat.
Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Paz
– After the check-in, we leave Ponta Delgada and go towards Vila Franca do Campo. The first stop will be next to the beautiful chapel of Nossa Senhora da Paz.
– There, we will talk about the history of this location, the legend of the chapel. We can also contemplate the iconic islet of Vila Franca.
– Then we leave for Povoação, where we will make the next stop and visit Casa dos Moinhos.
– There, we will talk about the discovery of the Azores and the settlement of the island.
Pôr do Sol viewpoint
– Still in the morning, we will stop at Pôr do Sol viewpoint and the harbor of Faial da Terra.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
– After having lunch, we will take a guided tour of the Wheat Museum.
Salto do Cavalo
– The last stop will be at the viewpoint of Salto do Cavalo. This is where our guide will tell you about the geomorphology of Furnas, before returning to Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour to Povoação
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Sweater, raincoat
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Van Tour to Povoação
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers