- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Pearls of the North
Van ToursSao Miguel island
Pearls of the North
Van Tour to NordesteSao Miguel island
Visit Nordeste by van. Nordeste is also known as the tenth island because of its sheer perfection. We will take you to the hillsides from where the vision of the blue and white ocean gets imprinted in the retina as a liquid bath of light; to fragrant woods where native birds twit, flying over the branches, and where the moss exudes a smell of clean earth and moist.
We will stop by rushing, fresh, sloppy streams. We will taste some specialties or simply record the valuable moment.
One of São Miguel’s emeralds
Nordeste is considered by many locals and visitors as one of the most beautiful areas in the island.
Ribeira dos Caldeirões
Stop everyone! It is impossible to remain indifferent to this incredible and majestic waterfall in the natural park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões, in Nordeste. Splash photography is a tradition already!
This is a region still preserved from large flows of visitors due to its remoteness, you will love it!
Santa Iria viewpoint
This is probably one of the most visited viewpoints in São Miguel. The immensity of the blue of the ocean highlights the beauty and the colors of this magnificent coast.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Don’t rush into visiting several regions in the same day and take time to explore deeply one area of São Miguel.
Nordeste is considered the most beautiful part of São Miguel island for many people. Many locals and visitors even think of it as the 10th island of the Azores.
When you will be there, you will truly understand why.
Full of panoramic viewpoints over the ocean and the coast, Nordeste is also known for its waterfalls, vegetation, and flowers such as hydrangeas.
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
Santa Iria viewpoint
– Our first stop is well worth traveling across the island. It is the viewpoint of Santa Iria, near Ribeira Grande.
– The next stop is the town of Nordeste, where we will pass by some points of interest such as the bridge and the church.
Pico do Bartolomeu
– We will also stop by Pico do Bartolomeu if the weather is ok. At 900m above sea level, this viewpoint offers a great panorama over the East coast of the island.
– This is a protected area where the Priolo lives. It is an endemic Azorean bird species that can sometimes be observed at this spot, especially during summer.
Ponta do Sossego
– The road will take us to various viewpoints on the coast of Nordeste. Among them, we will visit Ponta do Sossego and Vista dos Barcos.
– These landscapes are especially famous on Instagram. Indeed, the green high cliffs with flowers of every color create a beautiful scenery. Let’s explore a place that has been considered the most flower-rich region of all Europe.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
Vigia da Baleia
– After an interesting morning, we will continue our adventure. It is time to go to a famous viewpoint, which is Vigia da Baleia (the Whale’s lookout).
Ribeira dos Caldeirões
– Let’s get back on the road and head to the park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões. This is a nature park full of waterfalls.
– The biggest waterfall is over 40 meters high. You will have the time to contemplate it and absorb this nature’s vibration.
Coroa da Mata
– We will still have some time to stop at the viewpoint of Coroa da Mata to enjoy the coastline.
– Once the tour complete, we will go back to Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour to Nordeste
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
What is the Priolo?
The Azores Bullfinch is the most threatened and the second rarest bird in Europe. Its population lives only in the eastern part of São Miguel island and is estimated to be made of about 1,000 individuals, a number that increased thanks to local organizations protecting the species. Futurismo is proud to be
Where is located Nordeste?
In Portuguese, Nordeste means Northeast, so it is located on the northeastern side of São Miguel island. It is quite far from Ponta Delgada, about 50 minutes without stopping, but the long trip is totally worth it.
Top Sights Van Tour to Nordeste
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers