- Certified guide
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Pico lakes exploration
Van ToursPico island Book now
Pico lakes exploration
Van Tour – Pico Island LakesPico island
A thriving native vegetation arises in the natural reserves of Pico, with sighs that ascend from the earth’s womb.
The lagoons spread, liquid and serene, where once there were mountains and cliffs generated from a fire that consumed everything around. However, at present, the fertility and the natural art are all that is left from these abuses of Faith.
Getting acquainted with these unique landscapes, the few that are still intact in the entire world, is to walk a bit the path of life, from the birth and strength that only the first humans achieved…
Lava blankets from Eruptions
The Natural Reserves of Pico island, the Mystery of Praínha and Caveiro, are very rich in native and endemic vegetation.
Central Plateau of Pico Island
Relaxing tour to get to know and take beautiful photos at Lagoa do Caiado, Lagoa Seca, Lagoa da Rosada and Lagoa do Peixinho.
This is the perfect tour to enjoy absolutely unique landscapes with an emphasis on volcanic cones, craters and several lagoons on the island.
If we add this to our Laurissilva forest, the result is a journey of full soul.
We can guarantee that it will be about 3.5h enriching on the stunning nature of the island of Pico!
We always pass through areas classified as Protected Landscape and being able to contribute to the protection and conservation of the biodiversity is part of our DNA in all the tours we do.
Lajes do Pico
– Starting in Lajes do Pico, we will drive up to the high plateau. The highest point of passage during the tour being at 965m of altitude.
Along the way
– We will visit Lagoa do Caiado, Lagoa Seca, Lagoa da Rosada and Lagoa do Peixinho. During the day, we will learn about their formation and characteristics. These lakes are not only scenic landscape features and the perfect photo scene, but also rich and important ecosystems.
– There are excellent views over the 3 volcanic complexes of the island waiting for us.
Return to Lajes do Pico
– The return to Lajes do Pico will be along the South Coast.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour – Pico Island Lakes
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- You can book for fewer people. If the minimum is not met on that daym tou can reschedule, assume the full value of the experience (3 people) or cancel at least 48 hours beforehand
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Van Tour – Pico Island Lakes
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers