- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Entrance to Capelinhos museum OR botanical garden
- Regional cheese tasting
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
The best of Faial in one day
Van ToursFaial island Request Tour
The best of Faial in one day
Van Tour around Faial Island – Full dayFaial island
The blooming of the hydrangeas dresses the island in a blueish veil and impregnates the air with a fresh odor of novelty.
The immense Caldeira crater, at the bottom of its green massifs, the silent respect that the remains of the Capelinhos’ volcano imposes upon us, and the sunny marina of Horta filled with colorful boats and walls that are an open-sky art gallery – all of these places transport us to a dual dimension of time, connecting the past and the future in a single moment in our existence.
Caldeira do Faial Nature Reserve
Standing on the edge of the “cauldron” makes us realize how small we are.
The volcano emerged from the sea and is now a “Martian landscape” made of ash.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Capelinhos volcano on Faial island is a milestone in volcanology recognized all around the world!
It is undoubtedly a must-visit place, not only because of the absolute sweeping landscape but also because of the cultural and scientific significance of its Information Center.
And do you want a better way to get to know this place full of inspiration?
Take a comfortable van tour and discover the main attractions of Faial in a safe and carefree way!
What do we need more on vacation? To savor regional delicacies, of course! And tastings of Faial specialties are included.
– After a ferry trip of about 30 minutes from Madalena, here we are in the city of Horta.
– Caldeira forms a nature reserve incredibly rich in the endemic flora of the Azores. The giant crater is for sure one of the island’s major natural attractions. It rises up to 1,043m (3,422ft) from the sea level at Cabeço Gordo, the island’s highest point, with a crater diameter of about 2km.
– Its last eruption happened only a little bit more than 1,000 years ago. It covered more than 70% of the island with a pumice stone.
– Capelinhos is the youngest volcano of the Azores, formed only 60 years ago. It is still possible to wander through the “lunar” landscape made of ashes.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
Former whaling station
– Let’s learn more about the old whaling traditions in the Azores and witness its importance for locals.
Local cheese factory
– Taste the delicious cheese of Faial before taking the ferry back to Pico.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Van Tour around Faial Island – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Boat tickets not included
- You can join this tour if you are already in Faial
- This tour is operated on a van or jeep, depending on the availability
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Van Tour around Faial Island – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers