- One Gin for the adults
- One non-alcoholic drink for the kids
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
When the Ocean turns red
Boat ToursSao Miguel island
When the Ocean turns red
Sunset Boat Tour – Half daySao Miguel island
Leaving a trail of foam at the bow, over the cobalt-blue that reels bodies and inflates lungs with the sea breeze, the imagination is filled with mermaids on this burning horizon where the sun sets with sighs of red and light.
It is the golden hour in the archipelago: the shoreline glares and the rocks present themselves to the last sunlight and sea air; the greens shine in the waters.
Everything is gentle and luscious. Sometimes, the hidden coastal caves, where the waves swirl, also penetrate the palate as an unknown seasoning.
Enjoy, with no restraints…
Take perfect picture thanks to the golden hour, an amazing natural light reflecting on the ocean.
Celebrate life with your friends
Spend a good time on board of a comfortable boat, looking at the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean.
An ocean full of surprises
It is not rare to encounter some of the resident species while on a boat around the island. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky!
The island from another perspective
It is common to see the coastline of São Miguel from the many viewpoint on the island, but seeing it from the ocean is a different experience.
Imagine yourself, relaxing on a smooth boat trip on the Atlantic Ocean, with the wonderful landscapes of São Miguel island’s South Coast, and on top of it all, the sun, setting on the water. This would make such great pitures, right?
You ask for more, ok. There is 1 gin cocktail included in the trip! And it is not made by any gin amateur. Ali is a Gin Master, he knows everything about it and will make the best cocktail you ever tasted.
Ponta Delgada Harbor
– Join us in our shop at Ponta Delgada harbor, where our staff will welcome you and assist with the check-in. Once ready, get aboard one of our comfortable catamarans.
São Miguel’s South coast
– As you are leaving the island, look around you. The beautiful city of Ponta Delgada is even prettier from the ocean.
– We will navigate along the South coast of the island, passing by the airport zone, then Rocha da Relva, going Westward. We will see beautiful rock formations and geological wonders.
Watching the sun
– Onboard, you will have the opportunity to drink a refreshing gin cocktail.
– Relax on the front deck where you can enjoy the pretty views and take great pictures.
Back to shore
– On the way back to the harbor, take your time to contemplate the amazing landscapes. Try to spot some of the most beautiful sights of the island.
– Enjoy the peaceful and positive energies this magical island has to offer.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
With over 21.000+ sighting records, we collaborate in investigations for 20+ international universities
From Catamarans, Zodiacs, Jeeps, Vans and so on, we guarantee the best vehicle for you to have an unforgettable experience
Plan your Sunset Boat Tour – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Warm sweater or jacket
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Can I use my drone during this tour?
You cannot use a drone on our tours with other travelers. However, if you really want to fly your drone, it is possible on a private tour with us.
Do you have toilets on the boat?
On the catamarans and the bigger zodiac boats, there is a toilet facility. However on the small zodiac boats there is no toilets.
Do you sell food and drinks on the boat?
No, we do not sell anything on the boat. On the sunset boat trip, there is a Gin cocktail included. It is better to bring a snack and a reusable water bottle with you for the tour.
Do you sell medication for seasickness?
No, we do not sell anything on the boat. If you know that you get easily seasick, it is better to purchase the adequate medication before the tour.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Is this an adventure trip?
This is a relaxing trip to enjoy the sunset and the views along the beautiful South Coast of São Miguel Island.
What if I am seasick?
We advise to avoid eating anything overly spicy, acidic, fatty or dairy before the boat trip. Don’t overeat but come well fed. Once on the boat, look at the horizon and get fresh air. If you feel bad, the staff on the boat will help you.
Will we see whales during this tour?
This is not a whale watching tour. We will navigate along the coast and not go far away offshore. However, we never know what can happen when you are on the sea. It is possible to spot some dolphins as they stay close to the shore, even if this is not the purpose of the tour.
Will we have dinner on the boat?
During the boat trip, you will be able to taste local specialties, but this is not a dinner, you might need to eat after the trip to your hotel or in a restaurant.
Top Sights Sunset Boat Tour – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers