- Certified guide
- Walking sticks
- Stop to Sete Cidades village
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Treasures Inside Sete Cidades Lake
Hiking ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Treasures Inside Sete Cidades Lake
Sete Cidades TrailSao Miguel island
At the top of «Vista do Rei», behold the lagoons, a scenery worthy of being considered a mirage.
The small bridge below draws a delicate balance, a kind of commitment between the two water mirrors.
We get involved in the light dust of the trails and centennial paths, moving forward amidst a nature that reminds us of the strength of the biblical forests, reflecting themselves in the water over massive craters.
Let your emotions flow in this alluvium of glory.
The natural architecture of the valley of Sete Cidades levels the diaphanous with the simply overwhelming in millennial wonders.
The small town is also a suspension in time, with folks with penetrating eyes and ancient manners.
As the Fauns and the Sorcerers, imprint your footstep here.
The view from the Vista do Rei belvedere is breathtaking, one of the most famous in the island.
Explore and experience
Discover wonderful landscapes and experience old traditions at a local farm.
Surrounded by green, get mesmerized by the deep colors of Sete Cidades.
Relax on pure nature
Surrounded by lush walls of the volcanic crater, you can listen to birds and enjoy beautiful sceneries.
Inside the crater
Go inside the volcanic complex of Sete Cidades and discover the beautiful village with two lakes.
Our driver guide will explain you lots of interesting facts about the island and Sete Cidades.
If you love hiking but you are not looking for a full day of walking, this tour is perfect for you. Yet, in some hours you will discover wonderful landscapes who were elected by Portuguese voters as one of 7 natural wonders in the country.
It is quite an easy hike in which you will pass by a variety of landscapes. So, join us to explore the west side of São Miguel island!
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
Vista do Rei belvedere
– Vista do Rei (“the King’s viewpoint”) is one of the most emblematic and best-known landscapes of São Miguel.
– The splendid panoramic view over one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal is absolutely magical. Indeed, it is a must-see while on holidays in the Azores.
– Its name comes from the visit of King Dom Carlos I and Queen Dona Amelia in 1901. They contemplated Sete Cidades from this very same spot.
The bridge between the two lakes
– The bridge that separates the blue and green lakes is our starting point. You will see the difference of colors and also the algae present in the green one.
– Our guides will also tell you the love legend of Sete Cidades: a traditional saying about the way these two lakes were formed. If not, feel free to ask them to.
Ponta dos Carneiros
– Once on the road, we will lead you to another magical place. A small peninsula juts into blue Lake, one of two lakes partially filling the bottom of Sete Cidades volcano crater at the western end of São Miguel Island.
– Hear the sillence, take a deep breath and enjoy the moment.
The picturesque Sete Cidades village
– Inside the massive volcanic crater lays the calm picturesque village of Sete Cidades. It is common to see farmers using horses as transportation just like in the “good old days”. Between farmland, forest and grasslands, explore every angle from inside the Volcano.
– Also, located at the end of a path flanked by pine trees take the chance to visit the beautiful church São Nicolau.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Sete Cidades Trail
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Can I see the Sete Cidades crater on this walk?
Yes, if cloud cover does not restrict the view, you will be able to see the crater and walk part of the rim of the crater.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Sete Cidades Trail
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers