- Certified guide
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Meeting the Fascinating Ponta Delgada
Cultural ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Meeting the Fascinating Ponta Delgada
Ponta Delgada City Tour – Half daySao Miguel island
It is fascinating to absorb the richness of the ancient History and of the impressive cultural displays around the island.
Getting to know a new city – a performance of introduction and knowledge – brings surprise, learning, and feeds the imagination with wonderful, and yet real, facts.
To walk around the city center is to face a different era of places, expressions, and monuments with the titanic strength of a people able to erect its future from the smallest geography in the mid-Atlantic.
In this tour we promise you a short but intense journey through palaces, wars, miracles, and faith, framed by the pulsing reality of the present-day city.
The historical monuments of Ponta Delgada
It has never been easier to visit the largest municipality in the Azores with more than 500 years of history. Some places will surprise you!
Fresh and local products
At the farmers market you can buy fresh and local products straight from the garden.
Beautiful Ponta Delgada
The Azorean capital has a lot to offer, culturally, historically and artictically speaking.
Available for all the family
Children can also participate and be on a kayak accompanied by their responsible adult so that all the family can enjoy this experience.
If you really want to know the biggest city of the whole Azores, then join this city tour with a knowledgeable guide.
We will take you to all the important places to know for more history and cultural background.
There is so much to learn, our guide will impress you more than one time for sure.
Visit on foot the centre of this modern city with us.
Forte de São Brás
– Visit on foot the centre of this modern city with us. We will take you to interesting places all around town, including Forte de São Brás. It is a Military building near the ocean, built to defend the city against attacks.
São Francisco Square
– São Francisco Square displays Convento da Nossa Senhora da Esperança (“Our Lady of Hope“). It is home to the Senhor Santo Cristo dos Milagres (“our Lord of Miracles“). So it is also home of one of the largest religious festivities in all Portugal. Santo Cristo happens every year around the fifth Sunday after Easter.
Sena Freitas garden
– Sena Freitas garden has Conceição’s Palace, which is the Palace of the Presidency of the Azores Regional Government).
Portas da Cidade
– This tour would not be complete without the famous Portas da Cidade (city gates). You must have seen those on pictures of Ponta Delgada.
Parish Church of São Sebastião
– São Sebastião Church is also known as Mother Church of Ponta Delgada. It is located in the centre of the lovely city. The construction of the present building started in 1531 and was finished in 1547.
Mercado da Graça
– The well-known Mercado da Graça (farmers’ market) has fresh products full of taste and good smell.
Church of São Pedro
– The church of São Pedro is located on the top of a small hill, near the sea. The construction was in the 18th century, in the Portuguese Baroque period.
Marina of Ponta Delgada
– Let’s end this tour at the beautiful harbor of Ponta Delgada. There, you can admire the many boat signatures and enjoy the smell of the ocean.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Ponta Delgada City Tour – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Whenever a visit is not possible to fulfil due to monument closure, it will be replaced by another when possible
- You can book for fewer people. If the minimum is not met on that daym tou can reschedule, assume the full value of the experience (4 people) or cancel at least 48 hours beforehand
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
The city tour was amazing though thanks to my guide Chiara!
I was admittedly expecting it to be relatively boring, but Chiara was such an amazing guide. She was able to show me around the best spots, stopped for ice cream, answer all my questions, and was just fun to be around. Great time, would highly recommend it!
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Ponta Delgada City Tour – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers