- Certified guide
- Visit of the wine laboratory or wine museum
- 3 different wine tastings
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
All about wine
Van ToursPico island
All about wine
Pico Wine Culture – Full dayPico island
Wine is the nectar of the gods, and the island of Pico a parcel fallen from Olympus.
The pounding landscape of the vineyards resulted from decades of hard, endless work, but its mighty image also furrowed the hills with a magnificent digital printing.
Associated to it, the wine cellars appear, places of peace and delight concealed in the coolness of the shades and recesses where the casks rest. Under impressive dragon trees, the most notorious of the cellars arises – the wine museum.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
The richness of Criação Velha Vineyards
Mandatory route for all those who visit us.
Tasting wine with your eyes on the Atlantic
It has never been so good to try wine tasting the breeze of the Ocean.
Ready to deeply understand the culture of Pico vineyards?
There are hidden places that only our certified local guides can take you to.
Follow us on this full-day tasty trip and enjoy the intense Azorean Nectar of the Gods.
If you like wine and are curious to know why the wine culture of Pico is so special, that even its landscape has been classified as a UNESCO Heritage Site, then grab this experience that is “all about wine”.
– After the pick up in Madalena, we will start with a walk through the vineyards of Criação Velha.
– There, you will, not only witness the special characteristics and beauty of Pico’s wine landscape. But also understand how much work is involved to create it.
– Let’s discover one of these places and taste the local table wine next to the ocean.
Regional wine laboratory
– We will then visit the regional wine laboratory. There, it is possible to analyse the wine’s physical and chemical composition.
– We will also have the opportunity to have a professional wine tasting with their winemaking engineer. This step of our trip is dependent on the laboratory’s availability.
– But don’t worry, if there is no possibility to visit it, we alternatively might pay a visit to the beautiful wine museum and its impressive garden of dragon trees.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
– Then, we will go to São Roque on the North Coast.
– There, we will get to know one of the many natural pools, very appreciated by the local community.
– We will end the tour in the best possible way in an adega of a local producer. There, we can taste the finest wines from Pico. It is the famous “liquorous” white wine, a very strong wine, that once brought great economic success to the island.
– Depending on the availability of the cellars, we will go to Czar or Buraca cellars.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Pico Wine Culture – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Please book this tour at least 24/48h prior to the preferred date to adapt to the availability of the adega (wine cellar) and wine laboratory
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Pico Wine Culture – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers