- Certified Pico mountain guide
- Hiking poles
- Sleeping bag
- Ascent fees
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Sunrise lovers top experience
Hiking ToursPico island Request Tour
Sunrise lovers top experience
Pico Nighttime Mountain Climb – Full dayPico island
The mountain is not only the highest point in Portugal, but, mainly, the most beautiful seat to admire the universe.
To observe the sunrise from the top of this quiescent volcano enlightens humans, as if lending them, in fact, an aura of deity.
The sunrays tear the horizon, setting the cobalt-blue of the Atlantic on fire, and the sense of conquest and fullness is absolute.
During the descend, as if nature held a spotlight, the light will increasingly shed over the islands of the central group, stunning in their Atlantic awake.
Sunsets are overrated
If you think sunsets are beautiful, wait until you see the sunrise from the highest point of Portugal.
Defy the night
One step at a time, achieve this incredible experience in altitude in the dark.
During the night, the climb is even more challenging, but you will be so amazed by the sunrise that you will forget the effort.
The colors of the sunrise are simply beautiful, relax and breathe pure air before going down, back to normal life.
For sure this is an experience you won’t forget.
– In the middle of the night, we will pick you up in Madalena for a trip of a lifetime.
– Equipped with headlights, we will start the ascent at the mountain house (1,230m) still during the night.
– The trail leads over a rather steep path of rocky and irregular ground, sometimes covered with loose material.
– Our guide will show you tricks to make the climb easier, leading the way up the easiest route. This will help you to avoid injuries.
– After enjoying the sunrise at the summit (2,351m) we start the descent.
– The sunlight reveals breathtaking views over the 5 islands of the central group on a good day.
– You will also see various geological formations. Namely volcanic pits, craters and cones, an eruptive fissure, pyroclastic deposits and fumaroles.
Back to Madalena
– At the end of this amazing self-rewarding trip, we will take you back to Madalena for a well-earned rest.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Pico Nighttime Mountain Climb – Full day
What to bring?
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Warm & comfortable clothes (no jeans)
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- 1,5L water, picnic lunch
- This activity is ideal for keen walkers and not recommended for people with knee or heart problems
- It is essential to inform us if you have any health restriction or if you have been diving in the last 30 hours
- On request, children younger than 12 years can join the private tour
- It is the responsibility of the participant to be equipped according to our recommendations. The mountain access can be denied to persons that are not equipped adequately
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We scheduled the climb to Pico for the 25th of October. I admit that we had no idea what we were going to do. Jennifer and Daniel were on the dock at the time to take us to the Mountain House. There we started the climb to the highest point in Portugal with the private guide (Daniel). It was tough, the weather didn’t help but the guide made the whole effort 100% effective. We can say that more than the goal of reaching the top, the whole way is beautiful. From the “wild” sheep to the winged star. Worth it. Advise adventurers!
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Andrea Sievers, Germany
It’s impressive that we haven’t found anybody during our walking tour. It was amazing the communion with nature. It feels that nature is still untouched.
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Pico Nighttime Mountain Climb – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers