- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Museum entrance in Lajes do Pico
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Visit Pico island in a day
Van ToursPico island
Visit Pico island in a day
Pico Island Van TourPico island
Touring the island in its most emblematic features, in a single day, from the north coast with its sweet, intoxicating wine production, to the south with its magnificent lagoons and views over endless horizons from the belvederes…
On the way, there will be spaces completed with natural swimming pools, plateau, villages, and delicate birds. Move with the bonds that link this journey to the history of whalers in the small, forsaken villages, and to the rough scenery of an island that seems forever wrecked at sea.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Relive Whale Hunting times
You are in the whaling capital of the Azores, enjoy a guided tour.
The typical wineries and the tasting of the Nectar of the Gods is on our list!
Pico island has a rich diversity of landscapes. See the indomitable coast that merges with the deep blue of the Atlantic Ocean.
Enjoy the volcanic origins of the island and its extensive lava fields.
You will also pass through the exuberant endemic vegetation and beautiful lagoons that are still today the house of different resident and migratory birds.
In a comfortable van, we will discover the beauty, culture, history and gastronomy of Pico. And the privilege will be to meet and talk with locals who always have interesting stories to tell!
– We will start our tour along the North Coast with stops in Cachorro and Lajido – ancient wine production places. There, we will find typical adegas (wine cellars) and other places associated with the golden wine age that lasted over 200 years, such as little ports, tidal wells, distilleries and much more.
– From here we continue in the direction of São Roque.
– There we will get to know one of the many natural pools that are also very appreciated by the local community.
Lagoa do Capitão
– Crossing to the South Coast, we can enjoy excellent views of the ocean and the neighboring island São Jorge. Once at the top, we will visit Lagoa do Capitão, one of the most beautiful lakes in Pico.
– It is part of the protected landscape area of “zona central”. It is also a good place to observe resident and migratory birds as well as the native vegetation.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
Lajes do Pico
– After lunch, we will discover the traditional village of Lajes do Pico. It is not only the first settlement of the island but also the Azorean whaling capital.
– Besides wine, whaling played a big role in the History of the Azores. Lajes is a picturesque little village.
– Enjoy a walk through the narrow streets and a guided visit to the whaler’s museum.
– Before returning back to Madalena along the South Coast, we will stop in the vineyards of Criação Velha.
– It is one of the most emblematic places to understand why Pico’s vineyard landscape was classified UNESCO Heritage in 2004.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Pico Island Van Tour
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Pico Island Van Tour
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers