- Certified guide
- Light meal (sandwich or salad, fruit, cereal bar or cake, juice and water)
- Entrance & equipment to Gruta das Torres
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Volcanoes & Lakes on Pico island
Van ToursPico island
Volcanoes & Lakes on Pico island
Pico Island Van Tour – Volcanoes and LakesPico island
An explosion of volcanic cones to be visited and the biodiversity of numerous lakes and lagoons designs an island where boredom is impossible.
In any tour it is difficult to absorb, in a few hours, all the amount of beauty!
Its headlands work as balconies for the neighboring islands where the full concept of an archipelago is achieved; and, in every step, the volcanic evidence of this place comes jumping in our direction.
There is a good explanation for the people of Pico calling them “mysteries”
The Mountain’s House
Every Pico mountain climb starts here. Get to know all the details about this fascinating volcano.
Elected one of the 7 Wonders of Portugal, the Volcanic Landscape of Pico island has unique characteristics, the result of incredible volcanic episodes.
Our certified guides live on this wonderful island and their deep knowledge and the experience of years of wandering are the guarantees that your vacation trip will become an unforgettable moment for life.
Bedazzled by Lakes, lagoons, viewpoints, and enter the mysterious lava cave. You will end the day with a full soul!
– We will first pick you up in Madalena for this incredible full-day adventure.
– During the tour, we will discover Pico’s “mysteries”, visit beautiful little lakes and several viewpoints.
– We will pass by “Casa da Montanha”, the highest point we can reach in a car. From here the adventure trail to Portugal’s highest summit starts and of course, we are offered a wonderful panorama. Also, we will pass by the volcanic complex of eh island´s eastern part.
Picnic with a view
It will be between volcanoes and volcanic lagoons that we will pause for a light meal, in order to enjoy nature in its purest state.
Gruta das Torres
– In the afternoon, after a picnic lunch, the adventure continues. Provided with helmets and flashlights, we will join a guided tour through Portugal’s longest lava tube: Gruta das Torres. It is about 5,150m long (3,2 miles).
– This tube exists for about 1,500 years and was created during an eruption coming from Cabeço Bravo.
– The guided tour to the cave lasts about 1 hour. There, you will be able to observe different geological formations. For example, stalactites and stalagmites, side benches and lava balls, and so much more.
Back to Madalena
– Once back at the surface, we will drop you off back in Madalena after this long day full of wonders.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Pico Island Van Tour – Volcanoes and Lakes
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- To visit the lava tube you should be comfortable to walk n an irregular rocky ground in an ambient with little light
- Even though the cave has enough space to walk mostly upright, it might be a resriction for claustrophobic persons
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Pico Island Van Tour – Volcanoes and Lakes
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers