- Stop to Sete Cidades village
- Visit to the surrounding volcanic region of Sete Cidades
- Nature guide
- Mountain bike
- Picnic lunch (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
- Dressing rooms with hot water showers
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
The Great Volcano Outdoor Adventure
Bike ToursSao Miguel island Book now
The Great Volcano Outdoor Adventure
Mountain Bike Tour in Sete Cidades & FerrariaSao Miguel island
To cover the island by bike is to give each mystery the opportunity to unveil itself… recesses unknown to most are suddenly opened before us; magical places where we suddenly fit, in each curve of the way; the ubiquitous tune of the fauna and flora that we listen to is our travelling companion.
There is a time of our own and a geological time that worked such greatness – and they both interwoven. Along the ridge of the crater we will set our feet in a landscape that cannot be described, it can only be experienced…
At Ferraria we soften our body in a sea that amazes us as it carries in its waves the earthy heat of the geysers.
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
For explorers of all ages
Our equipment is adequate for children and adults. We have baby seats and children bikes.
Surrounded by green, get mesmerized by the deep colors of Sete Cidades.
Relax on pure nature
Surrounded by lush walls of the volcanic crater, you can listen to birds and enjoy beautiful sceneries.
Inside the crater
Go inside the volcanic complex of Sete Cidades and discover the beautiful village with two lakes.
Enjoy wonderful views from your bike and live the Azores as it should be lived: in the open air.
Feel the wind from the Atlantic on top of the volcano crater rim and pedal down to the little town of Sete Cidades to explore this sweet village.
– We will pick you up in Ponta Delgada and take you to the renowned volcanic complex of Sete Cidades. That is where we start our bike adventure.
– On this tour, we will explore the west side of São Miguel island and more particularly Sete Cidades.
– Across a stretch of 25km (15.5 miles), you will have the opportunity to learn more about the fauna, flora, history, volcanic formation of the island. And of course, you will hear about the legendary love legend behind the formation of the green and blue lakes.
– Along the route, as we pedal across the rim of the crater, we will have superb views over several lakes in the region as well as the adjacent coastline.
– Later on, we will have a light meal before resuming our adventure.
– At the end of the journey, we will stop by Ponta da Ferraria. There, you can find a magnificent ocean bathing area.
– Don’t worry about the cold! The salty water is naturally warm thanks to volcanic activity. Indeed, it is located right on a volcanic fissure.
– Take a relaxing dip before heading back to Ponta Delgada.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Plan your Mountain Bike Tour in Sete Cidades & Ferraria
What to bring?
- Change of clothes
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Sweater, raincoat
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- For this tour, is mandatory to sign a statement of responsibility
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Great mountain bike ride around the lake of Sete Cidades then kayaking on the lake. 3h flexible as desired.
This is exactly what we needed, with great equipment and affordable prices. Thank you!
We have done 5 trips with Futurismo and they have all been great. Our guide, Thomas, tweaked the agenda a little to suit the needs of our small group.
The full-day whale watching is not to be missed and the dolphin swimming was fantastic, even in rough seas.
Our other highlights were Terra Nostra gardens and hot bathing pools at Furnas and cycling and kayaking at Sete Cidades.
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
We were on a half day long whale watching in Ponta Delgada and saw a lot of dolphins. We tried kayaking in Sete Cidades and they helped us to connect to the other team for canyoning.
Everything was easy going in every office where we meet them. The staff was very friendly and we got amazing experiences.
Thank you very much for everything!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Are the bikes comfortable?
Our modern Specialized Hardrock Sport (men) and Specialized Mika HT Sport (women) are quite comfortable and totally adapted for this kind of tours.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Mountain Bike Tour in Sete Cidades & Ferraria
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers