- Mountain bike
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Biking in a Natural Wonder
Bike ToursSao Miguel island
Biking in a Natural Wonder
Mountain Bike Rental Sete CidadesSao Miguel island
Ridding our bikes is to use a means of transportation that is in perfect harmony with the fragile balance of this nature; and to be able to absorb beauty at the pace of our rhythm, creating the most majestic and complete moments.
Pedaling while getting acquainted with the beautiful unknown – a personal and active approach that prepares us for the unveil of places guarded from the average human being…
It is possible to choose different routes, to adapt them to your desires and state of mind: to roll over plains or conquer ascending paths till the champion’s cup that is the view from the top – the choice falls upon you.
Each of the islands will offer you its best: a profound feeling of amazement!
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
Be your own guide
A little stroll or a big adventure, you choose what you want to do and how far you want to go on the self-guided tours.
Listen to the quiet around you
A relaxing yet active experience, that is possible pedaling through the wonderful Sete Cidades Volcanic complex.
For explorers of all ages
Our equipment is adequate for children and adults. We have baby seats and children bikes.
Cycling in paradise
Sete Cidades is one of the most famous places around the island due to its unequalled beauty. The views will take your breath away.
This bike tour is self-guided, which means that you decide where you want to go and what you want to see.
If you want a more relaxed trip, stay down the crater and circle the lakes, but if you are a trained cyclist, you can try to climb up to have panoramic views.
Sete Cidades by bike
– Futurismo offers several mountain bikes to explore the beautiful region of Sete Cidades. It is located in the West part of São Miguel island. You will be able to discover the phenomenal surroundings from an active perspective.
Many routes to discover
– You can choose from a diversity of routes varying in distance. It all depends on your preferences and level. So if you fancy a gentle ride around the flatlands of the crater lake, the choice is yours.
– Whatever you choose, you will enjoy this outdoor experience in the scenery of one of Portugal’s Seven Wonders.
A family exploration
– At our activity center on the shore of the blue lake, we also have bikes for children. Please contact us if you are planning on doing this tour with a child. We would need to know their approximate height and weight to be sure to have adequate equipment for them.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Plan your Mountain Bike Rental Sete Cidades
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Change of clothes
- For this tour, is mandatory to sign a statement of responsibility
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Great mountain bike ride around the lake of Sete Cidades then kayaking on the lake. 3h flexible as desired.
This is exactly what we needed, with great equipment and affordable prices. Thank you!
We have done 5 trips with Futurismo and they have all been great. Our guide, Thomas, tweaked the agenda a little to suit the needs of our small group.
The full-day whale watching is not to be missed and the dolphin swimming was fantastic, even in rough seas.
Our other highlights were Terra Nostra gardens and hot bathing pools at Furnas and cycling and kayaking at Sete Cidades.
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
We were on a half day long whale watching in Ponta Delgada and saw a lot of dolphins. We tried kayaking in Sete Cidades and they helped us to connect to the other team for canyoning.
Everything was easy going in every office where we meet them. The staff was very friendly and we got amazing experiences.
Thank you very much for everything!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Are the bikes comfortable?
Our modern Specialized Hardrock Sport (men) and Specialized Mika HT Sport (women) are quite comfortable and totally adapted for this kind of tours.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
The best way is to rent a car and go by yourself. However, we can offer a transfer from and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Mountain Bike Rental Sete Cidades
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers