- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Ultimate Adventure in São Miguel
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island
Ultimate Adventure in São Miguel
Jeep Tour to Sete Cidades & Lagoa do FogoSao Miguel island
We offer a journey that is only possible in the comfortable agility of a jeep, taking side roads solely known to farmers and to the authentic local folks – along the day, these people will slowly reveal their secrets.
We witness the fertility of the fields only comparable to the wild exuberance of the bush; the serenity of the waters in the lagoons against the foamy movement of the sea envisioned from the top of the cliffs.
And we proceed, triumphantly, surrounded by scents, through rows of azaleas, hydrangeas and yellow ginger lilies!
Impressive Fogo volcano landscapes
Answer the call of the wild. Visit and admire a true natural wonder, the most beautiful green emerald lake on the island.
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Nature all around
There will be tons of different landscapes to see during this tour.
It is a great educational experience to visit Gruta do Carvão with a variety of geological formations resulting from the volcanic activity on the island of São Miguel.
A magnificent waterfall
The waterfall Salto do Cabrito is another one of the many natural phenomena of São Miguel island. For those who like hiking, this beautiful trail of about 4km gives us the feeling of being at one with nature.
This is THE experience you have to book if you are not in São Miguel for a long time and fear not to have time enough to visit everything.
Let us prove you wrong with this tour. Our guide will take you to the ultimate places to visit on the island, in only one day.
It is not easy to concentrate your trip in only a few days, that is why our guide will do this for you with those two regions: Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo and the areas around.
They will take you to the most famous places, but also thanks to our 4×4 jeep, you will discover out-of-the-beaten-track landscapes.
– Meet us at our shop in Ponta Delgada harbor for check-in. You can also wait for us to pick you up in the city, according to the option you chose.
– Then, we will take you to the rim of Sete Cidades’ caldera.
– This is a unique tour because you will see a wide variety of landscapes without having to hike the whole 11km trail. We will pass by many viewpoints, where you can enjoy the green and blue lakes.
– You will be able to touch the clear water of the lakes and know the mystic legend of Sete Cidades. We will also visit São Nicolau church and stop at Vista do Rei belvedere.
Lunch at a local restaurant
– Later on, we will have lunch at a local restaurant.
Lagoa do Fogo
– In the afternoon, we will take you to the amazing nature reserve of Lagoa do Fogo to enjoy amazing landscapes. It is one of the most popular places around the island.
– From the top of the volcano, incredible views over São Miguel await. You can see both North and South coast at Pico da Barrosa and Lagoa do Fogo viewpoint.
– The adventure doesn’t stop here! We will drive to Caldeira Velha, a warm iron-rich waterfall. There, it is possible to take a dip thanks to the volcanic activity warming the water up to 26°C (79°F).
– It is a real open air spa, surrounded by lush forest. An amazing scenery that looks straight out of a movie.
Salto do Cabrito
– After this relaxing moment, we will stop at the beautiful Salto do Cabrito. It is a waterfall with a little pond of clear waters. We will also see the hydroelectric station located near the waterfall.
– Take your time to contemplate the magnificent waterfall of Salto do Cabrito, about 50m high.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour to Sete Cidades & Lagoa do Fogo
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
Thank you so much Futurismo for making our wonderful holiday so very very special. Thomas our tour guide was second to none with his knowledge and service. The whale watching tour was absolutely brilliant and we were lucky enough to see four different species of dolphins and watch sperm whales diving for a giant squid.
The boat crews were professional and extremely knowledgeable about all of the creatures (Thank you Victor). Kayaking, mountain biking, and off-road jeep safaris all included by Futurismo and each and every activity was second to none. I strongly recommend Futurismo every time.
We enjoyed a full day on a jeep safari. The jeep gives the freedom to go off-road and that makes the trip special. Sete Cidades, Ribeira Grande and Lagoa do Fogo. If you are lucky with the weather – as we were – you can fully enjoy beautiful views and nature.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Is the entrance fee to go to Caldeira Velha included in the price of the tour?
Yes, it is included, you will not have to pay again to enter the pool.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
The best way is to rent a car and go by yourself. However, we can offer a transfer from and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Will I be able to swim in Fogo lake?
No, Fogo Lake is a natural reserve, and for natural preservation purposes, it is not authorized to bathe in the lake.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers