- Nature guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Adventure ride in Sete Cidades
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Adventure ride in Sete Cidades
Jeep Tour to Sete Cidades – Full daySao Miguel island
In a guided experience through the features of a still unknown island, our jeeps and our guides will help to the construction of another perspective – the perspective of adventure, of intriguing moments, and of glowing instants.
Areas where the vegetation is almost untouchable; woods where specimens of the endemic flora emerge and alternate alongside with exotic species of the world. We will show you how to go through all of this green, in wide, open fields defined by walls of black, basaltic rock; how to jump over puddles and up the hills while the branches flee at our passage and the birds fly over lagoons and bogs.
From love, Nature was born
Be surprised by the old love legend associated with the formation of Lagoa das Sete Cidades, between the blue and green lakes. Our guides will tell you the story like no one else!
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Surrounded by green, get mesmerized by the deep colors of Sete Cidades.
Relax on pure nature
Surrounded by lush walls of the volcanic crater, you can listen to birds and enjoy beautiful sceneries.
We cover dirt paths never explored before. The jeep trip with an experienced guide behind the wheel involves routes outside the typical tourist itinerary.
Inside the crater
Go inside the volcanic complex of Sete Cidades and discover the beautiful village with two lakes.
The Western area of São Miguel is not to be missed! You would miss a lot of breathtaking natural landscapes.
One thing is for sure on this island, don’t go home without visiting Sete Cidades.
With our expert guide, we will take you to the most beautiful places in this region.
Between viewpoints that will take your breath away, lakes of all colors, and a natural pool in the ocean, heated by the volcanic activity, you will not know where to look!
Vista do Rei belvedere
– After checking in at our shop in Ponta Delgada or picking you up at your hotel, we will drive to the famous Sete Cidades lakes.
– You can expect awesome panoramas over the green and blue lakes from Vista do Rei belvedere. This is a place you don’t want to miss during your stay in the Azores.
Pico da Cruz
– Next stop on the list is Pico da Cruz. From this viewpoint, you can see Lagoa de Santiago and Lagoa Rasa on bright days.
– Then, we will stop at the viewpoint of Cumeeira Grande. As you look in the direction of the village, our guide will give you more information about its population.
Inside the crater
– Let’s go down to the bridge separating the two lakes and discover the peninsula, called Ponta dos Carneiros.
– There you can enjoy lush vegetation before heading towards the village center and have lunch. There lies the typical church of São Nicolau.
Ponta do Escalvado
– Let’s leave the beautiful area of Sete Cidades to explore the coast. We will stop at Ponta do Escalvado. This viewpoint offers a great panorama over Mosteiros and Ferraria, at about 150m above sea level (500ft).
Ponta da Ferraria
– Last but not least, we will stop at Ponta da Ferraria. It is a magical place where the water from the Atlantic Ocean is naturally heated by a volcanic fissure.
– When the tide is low, it is possible to swim in the warm water to end the day in a perfect way. Then, we will go back to the city.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour to Sete Cidades – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
Thank you so much Futurismo for making our wonderful holiday so very very special. Thomas our tour guide was second to none with his knowledge and service. The whale watching tour was absolutely brilliant and we were lucky enough to see four different species of dolphins and watch sperm whales diving for a giant squid.
The boat crews were professional and extremely knowledgeable about all of the creatures (Thank you Victor). Kayaking, mountain biking, and off-road jeep safaris all included by Futurismo and each and every activity was second to none. I strongly recommend Futurismo every time.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Where is Mosteiros?
Mosteiros is located on the north-west coast of São Miguel island, about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers