- Certified guide
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Sensations & emotions at Lagoa do Fogo
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island
Sensations & emotions at Lagoa do Fogo
Jeep Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Half daySao Miguel island
For those eager to temper their blood with adrenaline, we saved the jeep tour as it is the only way to reach unimaginable places!
The jeep will take you to the amazing Natural Reserve of Lagoa do Fogo, taking the south road in São Miguel. On top of a headland, you will be able to envisage both sides of the island – it is, literally, driving oneself to the outmost natural beauty!
The impressive view of Lagoa do Fogo, one of the most faithful specimens of what the islands were before a human footprint, depicts the tremendous power of the earthy nature that created the archipelago.
Still onboard, you will head to the luxuriant reserve where Caldeira Velha is located. Have a thermal bath in the heart of the forest and, after, enjoy the refreshing sight of the waterfall in Salto do Cabrito.
Off the beaten track
Thanks to our fierce jeep, discover places that cannot be explored with a regular vehicle.
Waters that soothe the soul
Entering Caldeira Velha is like entering another world of exuberant nature. It is an authentic spa at open air, surrounded by lush vegetation. It has to be on your to-go list!
A magnificent waterfall
The waterfall Salto do Cabrito is another one of the many natural phenomena of São Miguel island. For those who like hiking, this beautiful trail of about 4km gives us the feeling of being at one with nature.
Fogo lake is surrounded by lush and diverse endemic azorean vegetation. It is one of the favorite places for travelers and locals.
Impressive Fogo volcano landscapes
Answer the call of the wild. Visit and admire a true natural wonder, the most beautiful green emerald lake on the island.
This tour will take you to beautiful places through roads only used by local farmes thanks to our fierce jeep!
With a sunny weather, you will be able to see breathtaking views of Lagoa do Fogo and of the island of São Miguel in general.
You can see both North and South coast of the island from the top of Pico da Barrosa, with Ponta Delgada in the South and Ribeira Grande in the North.
Relax in iron-rich naturally warm waters of Caldeira Velha and its beautiful little waterfall, to then see a bigger one: Salto do Cabrito.
– This wonderful tour combines some off-the-beaten-track routes in both the highlands and flatlands of São Miguel island.
– We will take you to the amazing nature reserve of Lagoa do Fogo from Ponta Delgada.
Pico da Barrosa
– This adventure starts by checking in at our shop in Ponta Delgada or by picking you up and heading to Fogo volcano.
– We will begin with Pico da Barrosa, from where you can see both South and north coasts of the island. Pico da Barrosa is a wonderful viewpoint you have to visit while in São Miguel.
– It offers an astonishing view from where you can also have a first sight of the magical Fogo Volcano and Lake.
Lagoa do Fogo viewpoint
– Then, we will go down to the viewpoint of Lagoa do Fogo to see the blue lake. There, you will be able to enjoy nature at its best. Fogo lake is one of the most untouched places around São Miguel.
– You will truly feel the power of nature that created this amazing lake in a volcanic crater. Astonishing views from the top of the crater’s border are a must to photograph!
– We will then drive to Caldeira Velha, a warm iron-rich waterfall. There, you can go for a dip to experience a relaxing bath surrounded by nature.
– Swimming in any of the several hot natural pools at Caldeira Velha will give you the impression that you are in the middle of a tropical forest.
Salto do Cabrito
– After this relaxing moment, we will stop at Salto do Cabrito. It is a wildly beautiful waterfall of about 50m. Then, we will pass by Ribeira Grande and take you back to Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Is the entrance fee to go to Caldeira Velha included in the price of the tour?
Yes, it is included, you will not have to pay again to enter the pool.
Will I be able to swim in Fogo lake?
No, Fogo Lake is a natural reserve, and for natural preservation purposes, it is not authorized to bathe in the lake.
Top Sights Jeep Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers