- Nature guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Mysteries of Lagoa do Fogo
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Mysteries of Lagoa do Fogo
Jeep Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full daySao Miguel island
Out of the typical touristic routes, through snaking, side paths buried in dense vegetation that unveil continuous surprises…
In the tracks, the tall grass and the endemic plants release their acute scent to the sun, and the buzzing of the insects sometimes makes way through the sparse twitting of a bird.
Curious wild-rabbits peek at the curves of these trails while we head to the lagoon that was born from a volcano.
A light, golden dust breaks loose from the soils; the peaks and the waters release columns of blue mist; and the dew crystalizes, forming stained glasses over the flowers at the roadside.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
We cover dirt paths never explored before. The jeep trip with an experienced guide behind the wheel involves routes outside the typical tourist itinerary.
Bathing in the Jurassic world
Deep inside the forest with many plants dating from the Cretaceous period, hold your breath and dive on the warm termal iron-rich waters!
How is ceramic made?
That is an interesting question we will answer with a guided visit to the ceramic factory.
Lagoa do Fogo is one of the most magnificent places here in São Miguel Island. This extinct crater was formed during an eruption in 1563.
Feel the power of nature
Located in the caldera of a sleeping volcano…down there the water is cristal clear. Welcome to Fogo Lake in São Miguel Island!
This full-day adventure will lead you to the beautiful Lagoa do Fogo, one of the prettiest lakes on the island.
On the program, there will be panoramic views, hot springs bathing, waterfall watching and so much more!
Join us on a wonderful adventure from your hotel in Ponta Delgada, with even lunch included!
– Hop on the jeep and let’s go on an adventure in one of the wildest areas of São Miguel island!
– From Ponta Delgada, we will drive to Fogo Lake. This is definitely a must-visit during your stay in the Azores!
– This tour will take you off the beaten track and show you some interesting secondary volcanic activity phenomena.
Lagoa’s Ceramic factory
– First on the list is the Ceramic factory of Lagoa founded in 1862. There, you will discover the interesting creation process of the ceramic.
– After that, we will head to Fogo Lake.
Pico da Barrosa
– Once at the top of Pico da Barrosa, the surrounding landscapes up on the crater’s rim are truly breathtaking. On a good day, it is possible to see both the South and North coast of the island, with the cities of Ponta Delgada and Ribeira Grande.
– Make sure to take pictures of these wonderful views!
Lagoa do Fogo viewpoint
– Another beautiful viewpoint is the one of Lagoa do Fogo, where you can see the clear blue lake.
– After many viewpoints and stops around Fogo lake, we will drive to Caldeira Velha. It is a waterfall of warm iron water where you can enjoy a relaxing bath. It is located on the North side of Fogo volcano.
Salto do Cabrito
– We will also see the high and beautiful waterfall of Salto do Cabrito.
– Then, let’s visit the Caldeiras of Ribeira Grande and have lunch in a local restaurant.
The Afternoon Part
– After eating, we will have a nice ride along the North coast of São Miguel Island. It shows with very beautiful views along the way, including Ponta do Cintrão.
– We will stop for a bit in Ribeira Grande center and go to Santa Barbara beach.
– After this day tour full of beautiful landscapes and interesting facts about the Azores, we will head back to Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- The guide can change the itenerary according to the weather conditions in order to enjoy better the landscapes of Fogo Lake
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Is the entrance fee to go to Caldeira Velha included in the price of the tour?
Yes, it is included, you will not have to pay again to enter the pool.
Will I be able to swim in Fogo lake?
No, Fogo Lake is a natural reserve, and for natural preservation purposes, it is not authorized to bathe in the lake.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers