- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Out of the beaten track
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island Book now
Out of the beaten track
Jeep Tour Sete Cidades & Lakes – Full daySao Miguel island
In a full package that brings together energy, bliss, and fun, we activate the adrenaline thanks to this jeep tour. The activity combines a route through dirt tracks with the sense of freedom possible in bike rides and, also, with the adorable laziness of a kayak experience in the lagoon.
From the transcendent heights we will descend towards the small town with its gracious peninsula spread along the water and, then, will set to explore the fantastic scenery that surrounds it.
The multi-colored soil and slopes; the clearings opened for walks at the sound of the running water and of the vibrating breeze; the flickering reflections of the sky and of the banks; the silent calmness of a place where the pure air covers the valley…
When it is sunny, it is possible to see the great variety of colors between all the lakes in Sete Cidades volcanic complex.
Touch and feel
With this tour, you will not only sit in a Jeep and look at landscapes by the window. We offer you to do some bike and kayak at Sete Cidades.
The jeep is slowing down? Yes, in the Azores, we also have traffic… We are not talking about cars, but COWS!
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
Our driver guide will explain you lots of interesting facts about the island and Sete Cidades.
This is a unique place with incredible landscapes that you will not see somewhere else.
This tour is divided into two parts.
The first one is exploring the wonders of Sete Cidades region aboard a fierce Jeep! You will take dirt roads and go to places only accessible by 4×4 to enjoy the most beautiful views.
Then, we will stop at our activity center at the village of Sete Cidades, from where you can go for a bike ride or kayaking on the lakes to experience the landscapes from the inside.
– Before starting this adventure, we will welcome you to our shop for the check-in.
– There is also the opportunity to pick you up if you choose that option.
Pico do Carvão
– We will take you to the top of Sete Cidades caldera. On the way, we will stop at some points of interest such as Pico do Carvão, Pico da Cruz, and Lomba do Vasco viewpoint.
Sete Cidades village
– A small stop will be made in the center of Sete Cidades, a picturesque village.
– Then we will pass next to the Peninsula. And we will also stop at the famous viewpoint of Vista do Rei.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
Into the lagoon
– The other part of the day is to enjoy Sete Cidades by bike and kayak! This is an excellent way to explore nature for those who enjoy active holidays.
– Our guide will give interesting information about Sete Cidades and also explain how to go kayaking.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour Sete Cidades & Lakes – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
Thank you so much Futurismo for making our wonderful holiday so very very special. Thomas our tour guide was second to none with his knowledge and service. The whale watching tour was absolutely brilliant and we were lucky enough to see four different species of dolphins and watch sperm whales diving for a giant squid.
The boat crews were professional and extremely knowledgeable about all of the creatures (Thank you Victor). Kayaking, mountain biking, and off-road jeep safaris all included by Futurismo and each and every activity was second to none. I strongly recommend Futurismo every time.
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
The best way is to rent a car and go by yourself. However, we can offer a transfer from and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.