- Certified guide
- Regional afternoon snacks
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Back to the Roots Experience
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Back to the Roots Experience
Jeep Tour Sete Cidades & Back to the RootsSao Miguel island
This is a unique opportunity to witness a side of the island where nature is far more intense, where the springs arise as life itself, and where the fauna and the flora run high.
A jeep tour through paths only known to local folks unveils overwhelming, panoramic visions.
Wandering along an authentic volcanic complex, quiescent at present, you will draw closer to abysses where sight unfolds in light and nature and take on peninsulas extended over water and small settlements. This is the series of privileges that await you in this adventure.
Moments for perfect exchange of experiences will also be there, as we take you to milk cows, and to bake homemade cookies and bread.
One of Portugal 7 wonders
In 2010 were elected the 7 natural wonders of Portugal, and it is no surprise that almost 700,000 voters chose Sete Cidades as one of them!
Nothing can stop us
Onboard our jeeps, we can brave dirt roads that only local farmers take with their huge tractors!
Explore and experience
Discover wonderful landscapes and experience old traditions at a local farm.
Inside the crater
Go inside the volcanic complex of Sete Cidades and discover the beautiful village with two lakes.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
On the edge
You will go on the edge of the crater rim to see beautiful views of the ocean and the lakes.
Visiting wonderful natural landscapes is inevitable in the Azores islands.
But getting to know their inhabitants and culture is also a great experience.
Enjoy Sete Cidade’s amazing natural scenery and go back in old times with an incredible experience at the farm Quinta das Raiadas.
– Before starting this adventure, we will welcome you to our shop for the check-in.
– There is also the opportunity to pick you up if you choose that option.
– We will head to the area of Sete Cidades by jeep. On the way, we will take several off-road tracks which are normally used by local farmers. These roads pass by several beautiful spots and they are only accessible by 4×4.
– We will show you some outstanding views over the coast and parts of São Miguel Island out of the beaten track. So trust us, it is a great adventure!
Vista do Rei
– During this tour, we will also stop at Vista do Rei. It is one of the most famous viewpoints on São Miguel, offering a beautiful panorama over Sete Cidades lakes.
Pico da Cruz
– Passing by Pico da Cruz, we will enjoy other breathtaking views. This is where our certified guide will talk about the volcanic complex of Picos and Sete Cidades.
– We will also pass by Cumeeira Grande, another highlight for views.
Ponta dos Carneiros
– After this adventurous ride, we will reach the lakes at the bottom of Sete Cidades caldera.
– We will visit the peninsula Ponta dos Carneiros and the center of the picturesque village.
Lunch at a local restaurant
– Later on, we will have lunch at a local restaurant.
Quinta das Raiadas
– During the afternoon, we will take you to Quinta das Raiadas. There, you will learn so much about Azorean traditions and cultures.
– You will have the opportunity to bake fresh bread or biscuits, milk a cow, and taste regional products.
– This will be a fun day, perfect for anybody wanting to feel down to earth while connecting with nature and local traditions.
– It is definitely the perfect tour if you want to connect with nature and local traditions.
– We will drop you off back in Ponta Delgada at the end of the day.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour Sete Cidades & Back to the Roots
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
Thank you so much Futurismo for making our wonderful holiday so very very special. Thomas our tour guide was second to none with his knowledge and service. The whale watching tour was absolutely brilliant and we were lucky enough to see four different species of dolphins and watch sperm whales diving for a giant squid.
The boat crews were professional and extremely knowledgeable about all of the creatures (Thank you Victor). Kayaking, mountain biking, and off-road jeep safaris all included by Futurismo and each and every activity was second to none. I strongly recommend Futurismo every time.
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Jeep Tour Sete Cidades & Back to the Roots
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers