- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
The tenth island of the Azores
Jeep ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
The tenth island of the Azores
Jeep Tour Nordeste – Full daySao Miguel island
Somewhere considered the most flowered region in Europe, Nordeste (northeast, in English) is a crown jewel for its devoted inhabitants and each of its recesses is nurtured and respected as if it were a botanical garden.
This program, which crosses the island in a jeep, includes stopovers at iconic viewpoints that offer a breathtaking picture and allow a restful degustation of the best of the local gastronomy.
Amidst passionate episodes of History, the visit to monuments, and lively moments inside an all-terrain vehicle, we emphasize the supreme instants dedicated to the astonishing spectacle of the scenery.
We cover dirt paths never explored before. The jeep trip with an experienced guide behind the wheel involves routes outside the typical tourist itinerary.
The most flowery region of all Europe
Nordeste is full of colors thanks to a rich flora, which makes this region one of the most beautiful!
Discover several amazing waterfalls in the Nordeste region.
Santa Iria viewpoint
This is probably one of the most visited viewpoints in São Miguel. The immensity of the blue of the ocean highlights the beauty and the colors of this magnificent coast.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
Ribeira dos Caldeirões
Stop everyone! It is impossible to remain indifferent to this incredible and majestic waterfall in the natural park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões, in Nordeste. Splash photography is a tradition already!
One hour of driving, that is what you would have to do in order to visit Nordeste. But with us, you don’t have to do it by yourself.
Our driver guide will lead you there and even stop on the road to show you interesting spots on the way, such as Santa Iria and Salto do Cavalo viexpoints.
Then, once we arrive in the region of Nordeste, you will surely be surprised by the variety of landscapes and the strong natural beauty.
Our guide has so much to tell you about!
– Before starting this adventure, we will welcome you to our shop for the check-in.
– There is also the opportunity to pick you up if you choose that option.
Santa Iria viewpoint
– Our first stop is well worth traveling across the island. It is the viewpoint of Santa Iria, near Ribeira Grande.
Salto do Cavalo
– The second viewpoint is Salto do Cavalo. It is marked by astonishing and wide views over Povoação – the first place to be settled in the island. You can also see the coast that extends beyond Povoação.
– Then, we will go down to the town of Nordeste. On the way, we will stop by the beautiful viewpoint of Salto da Farinha and the park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões.
Lunch at a local restaurant
– Later on, we will have lunch at a local restaurant.
Serra da Tronqueira
– During this tour, we will also pass by the beautiful Serra da Tronqueira. There, we will enter a big lush forest, home to the Priolo bird (Pyrrhula murina).
– This bird was in great danger of extinction. But thanks to the hard work of Centro Ambiental do Priolo and the help of some organizations like Futurismo, the conservation of this species is on its way.
– On the way back to Ponta Delgada, we will stop at Povoação. That is where we will talk about the history of this place and have a break to relax. This is a beautiful town, great for pictures.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Jeep Tour Nordeste – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Andrea Sievers, Germany
It’s impressive that we haven’t found anybody during our walking tour. It was amazing the communion with nature. It feels that nature is still untouched.
Ewan, The Netherlands
We had a great whale watching trip! Compared to some of the other operators that were on the water the same day, these guys seem to care much more about the animals (when we spotted a whale, the captain slowly got us closer to it, trying not to disturb the animal, while some other boats went at it at top speed).
We saw about a dozen young sperm whales, and a large pod of dolphins, but even without any sightings, the fantastic three-hour boat trip would have been worth the money!
Joana Cardoso, Portugal
After swimming with the dolphins in open sea I was feeling differently… I felt such a powerful energy. It’s an experience that I recommend to everybody!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
What is the Priolo?
The Azores Bullfinch is the most threatened and the second rarest bird in Europe. Its population lives only in the eastern part of São Miguel island and is estimated to be made of about 1,000 individuals, a number that increased thanks to local organizations protecting the species. Futurismo is proud to be
Where is located Nordeste?
In Portuguese, Nordeste means Northeast, so it is located on the northeastern side of São Miguel island. It is quite far from Ponta Delgada, about 50 minutes without stopping, but the long trip is totally worth it.
Top Sights Jeep Tour Nordeste – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers