- Certified guide
- Walking sticks
- Picnic lunch (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Welcome to Europe's hidden secret
Hiking ToursSao Miguel island
Welcome to Europe's hidden secret
Hiking Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full daySao Miguel island
Taking an entire day to visit the dome of the lake that was born from fire means entering a tournament fulfilled with astonishing sights, pure history, and untouchable nature.
The endemic vegetation is the frame that accommodates the colorful scenery and the apparently untouchable trails pass by ancient plants’ ruins, convents, natural swimming-pools, and charming beaches.
A picnic by the lagoon, in the unprecedented scenery of a volcanic crater from whose ashes a fertile flora and fauna emerged, will take you to a lost paradise.
From the South shore to Fogo lake
This is quite a long hike, but it is all worth it as you are traveling almost half of the island from South to North.
Fogo Lake from the other side
With this tour, you will arrive on the other side of Fogo lake, not so many people see this as the most popular option is to go on the other side.
Years of hiking
Hiking routes are accompanied by the knowledge and experience of our guides.
Impressive Fogo volcano landscapes
Answer the call of the wild. Visit and admire a true natural wonder, the most beautiful green emerald lake on the island.
Fogo lake is surrounded by lush and diverse endemic azorean vegetation. It is one of the favorite places for travelers and locals.
This is probably one of the most beautiful trails in São Miguel island.
You will pass by a diversity of landscapes: from green valleys to the river, waterfalls to big ruins. It is one of the most pristine places on the island.
The path to Lagoa do Fogo runs through a great variety native and endemic vegetation.
It is not a touristy trail as it is quite long, but people don’t know what they are missing. You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the lake from a less famous but still wonderful perspective.
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
Miradouro do Pisão
– Our first stop will be at Miradouro do Pisão. It’s an amazing viewpoint over the natural pools and the convent of Caloura.
Água d’Alto beach
– The starting point of the hiking trail will be near Agua d’Alto beach.
– We will have our picnic on the shore of the Lagoa do Fogo. Enjoy its landscape and the crystal clear water as well as the caldera of the volcano where the lake sits.
Back on track
– It can be a bit challenging to go both ways but the landscapes make it all worth it! Let’s go back to the starting point.
The well-deserved dive in the Ocean
– At the end of the day, we can stop at Água d’Alto beach or at Caloura. There, we can refresh ourselves with a swim in the ocean.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Hiking Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Swimsuit & towel
- This hike is not recommended for people with knee/joint problems. Please let us know if you have any of these conditions
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
This is the second time we have done this package as we were bringing friends and we knew that there would not be any “surprises”. Guides always present differently, so the tours for us were just like going on them for the first time.
A big shout out to Triin, Rodrigo (Rod), and Raoul. I would not hesitate to do future tours with this company.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Will I be able to swim in Fogo lake?
No, Fogo Lake is a natural reserve, and for natural preservation purposes, it is not authorized to bathe in the lake.
Top Sights Hiking Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers