- Certified guide
- Walking sticks
- Picnic lunch (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Warming hike and refreshing waterfall
Hiking ToursSao Miguel island Book now
Warming hike and refreshing waterfall
Hiking Tour to Faial da Terra – Full daySao Miguel island
This trail withholds the most secret recesses of an authentic settlement and of the primeval vegetation.
Every sense will be running high and awaken if we dive in the spot from where great, clear waterfalls come crushing down…
At the easternmost part of the island, the most desirable things such as the great truths are hidden; and along the way we will find the birthplace of the island of São Miguel.
This is also a walk through the woods, under a pallet of fascinating greens!
A mysterious abandoned village
This small village was abandoned by its inhabitant in the 1970s in the search for better life conditions. But they left a small paradise behind. Explore it with us!
Salto do Prego is a really impressive waterfall, it is high and big, surrounded by lush nature.
Deep nature exploration
Deep inside the woods, between very dense and beautiful vegetation… This is one of those trails in which you can feel all the green nature around you!
Years of hiking
Hiking routes are accompanied by the knowledge and experience of our guides.
This hike is one of the most beautiful in São Miguel Island. If you had to choose one hiking tour, this would be the one.
Indeed, during this activity, you will see incredible natural sights like the amazing waterfall where you can take a dip if you don’t mind the cold.
Many locals love this hike. You will surely understand why when you will discover its wild beauty!
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
– We will take you to the Eastern end of the island to go on this amazing adventure! But on the way, we will stop at Povoação, which was the first village to be populated on the island.
– Once ready, our walk starts on a steep narrow road that leads us to Sanguinho. This small village has been abandoned by its inhabitant since the early 70s, in the search for better life conditions. But now, the houses are being rebuilt thanks to the undeniable charm of the village.
Through the woods
– The rest of the trail is in the woods. There will be a lot of short up and downhill stretches between very dense and beautiful vegetation. This is really a walk in which you can feel all the green nature around you!
Salto do Prego
– The Grand Finale: Upon reaching Salto do Prego, there is an impressive waterfall. Take your time to contemplate it. You will have the opportunity to go for a dip before having a deserved light meal.
– On the way back, we will follow a different trail but with the same characteristics. Then we will have time to relax, drink something fresh and, sometimes, mingle with locals.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Hiking Tour to Faial da Terra – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Swimsuit & towel
- The itenerary’s sequence depends on several factors such as the path and weather conditions.
- This hike is not recommended for people with knee/joint problems. Please let us know if you have any of these conditions
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Andrea Sievers, Germany
It’s impressive that we haven’t found anybody during our walking tour. It was amazing the communion with nature. It feels that nature is still untouched.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Hiking Tour to Faial da Terra – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers