- Certified guide
- Walking sticks
- Picnic lunch (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Van ToursSao Miguel island Book now
Hiking Tour Faial da Terra & Van Tour NordesteSao Miguel island
To blend an adventurous expedition through wild trails with the subsequent relaxation of a van tour through the most beautiful paths of the island is our goal:
First, we will visit the surprises of this unique nature on foot, discovering a hidden settlement in the mountain and the portentous waterfall of Salto do Prego; after, we will witness with our bare eyes a harbor of old whalers, the colorful reeling of small boats in the pier going with the flow, and the silent beauty of Ponta do Sossego.
This is an experience that fills the human reservoirs of beauty and restores trust in the possibilities of life in our planet.
On the program: Waterfalls
For people who have never seen waterfalls, you will be impressed as this tour will show you severals!
The most flowery region of all Europe
Nordeste is full of colors thanks to a rich flora, which makes this region one of the most beautiful!
Avoid the stress of driving and let us guide you to wonderful places.
Hike & Ride
Don’t spend all day hiking, jump on the van and we will show you other wonders of the east.
Ribeira dos Caldeirões
Stop everyone! It is impossible to remain indifferent to this incredible and majestic waterfall in the natural park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões, in Nordeste. Splash photography is a tradition already!
A mysterious abandoned village
This small village was abandoned by its inhabitant in the 1970s in the search for better life conditions. But they left a small paradise behind. Explore it with us!
You can combine the adventure of one of the most beautiful hikes in São Miguel Island with a comfortable van tour to Nordeste, all in one experience.
Some people even say that Nordeste is like if it was another island, because of its great beauty. And many locals consider it the most beautiful part of the island.
This is for you to decide. But we can guarantee that you will not be disappointed by the natural beauty there.
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
– Once ready, we will leave from Ponta Delgada in the direction of Faial da Terra. It is here that we will start our circular trail Faial da Terra – Salto do Prego.
– On our hike, we will pass by a hidden village in the mountain, called Sanguinho. It has been abandoned by its inhabitant since the early 70s, in the search for better living conditions. But now, the houses are being rebuilt thanks to the undeniable charm of the village.
Salto do Prego
– Next stop: Salto do Prego where you will find an impressive waterfall. Take your time to contemplate it. You will have the opportunity to go for a dip in the crystal clear waters.
– We will also have a light meal before going back on the road.
Faial da Terra village
– After this wonderful hike, we will stop in the center of Faial da Terra village. Surrounded by nature, between the ocean and the mountains, Faial da Terra is a pretty little village where tranquility is the keyword.
– We will have the time to relax and enjoy the old whalers harbor before we continue for the second half of the day.
Ponta do Sossego
– The road will take us to various viewpoints on the coast of Nordeste. Among them, we will visit Ponta do Sossego and Vista dos Barcos.
– These landscapes are especially famous on Instagram. Indeed, the green high cliffs with flowers of every color create a beautiful scenery. Let’s explore a place that has been considered the most flower-rich region of all Europe.
Ribeira dos Caldeirões
– Our last stop of the day will be in the Park of Ribeira dos Caldeirões, a nature park full of waterfalls.
– The biggest waterfall is over 40 meters high and you will have time to contemplate it and absorb these nature’s vibrations.
Way back home
– After some breathtaking views such as Vista do Rei viewpoint, we will take you back to Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Hiking Tour Faial da Terra & Van Tour Nordeste
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- Cancellations until 72h in advance
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Andrea Sievers, Germany
It’s impressive that we haven’t found anybody during our walking tour. It was amazing the communion with nature. It feels that nature is still untouched.
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Nordeste?
In Portuguese, Nordeste means Northeast, so it is located on the northeastern side of São Miguel island. It is quite far from Ponta Delgada, about 50 minutes without stopping, but the long trip is totally worth it.