- Certified guide
- Walking sticks
- Picnic lunch (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Immerse yourself in our natural beauty
Hiking ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Immerse yourself in our natural beauty
Hiking Tour Agrião – Full daySao Miguel island
A breathtaking sight that oversees the Atlantic blue and the thousand colors of the island; this is the prize for a demanding trail, under different rhythms, that challenges the boldest.
This route of almost three hours crosses woods, follows slopes opened by erosion, overpasses scenic bridges, and waterfalls.
The crater where the settlement nests, and the surrounding hills painted by the shade, the sun, and the mist form an enviable canvas for any artist.
The small chapel at the top of a peak and the picturesque, small houses around it are another feature that compose this lovely background resembling an authentic nativity scene.
An eye on the ocean
You will have good view of the ocean during this trail, look up, sometimes dolphins can swim close to the coast.
This is not for regular visitors who will pass in front of this hike without knowing that there is so much beauty to see when you walk a bit.
It is possible to observe many endemic flora species on this hike.
Explore the charms
There are details that escape tourists, but a knowledgeable guide is the compass for discovery.
Immersion in nature
We will take you to discover the charms of the mountains, to smell the dense forests in a deep dive of spectacular moments.
This is a trail off the beaten track, going by beautiful places such as Ponta do Garajau and Ribeira Quente.
You can enjoy the breathtaking landscapes on a non-touristy path with views over the Atlantic Ocean.
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
Lomba do Cavaleiro
– We will hit the road at the starting point: Lomba do Cavaleiro. This is a viewpoint that offers a beautiful view over Povoação village and the surrounding villages.
– The first kilometer of Agrião trail is constantly descending with an unevenness of 170m. So you should go slowly.
Into the woods
– Getting in the woods, you will see that the path suffered from soil erosion due to heavy rains. It is quite slippery, but step by step, we will get there.
– Along the way, it is possible to observe endemic species (i.e. myrica faya, erica azorica, etc). Enjoy the water streams, passing by wooden bridges.
– After the first bridge at 70m of altitude, the trail starts to climb uphill with a gain of 140m in elevation. Caution is once again required.
Ponta do Garajau
– In the third part of the linear trail, the view opens up. You will be able to see the ocean, the crater of Povoação and the cliffs of the south coast.
– The path passes by Ponta do Garajau, traditional houses and a small chapel with a stunning view over the cliffs. From here, we start to see the village of Ribeira Quente.
– This trail ends at Ribeira Quente. We will have some time for a snack in town or a dip at the beach.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Hiking Tour Agrião – Full day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Sweater, raincoat
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
This is the second time we have done this package as we were bringing friends and we knew that there would not be any “surprises”. Guides always present differently, so the tours for us were just like going on them for the first time.
A big shout out to Triin, Rodrigo (Rod), and Raoul. I would not hesitate to do future tours with this company.
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
What airlines fly to Sao Miguel, Azores?
Flying to São Miguel Island is quite easy and a good deal! There are low-cost companies such as Ryanair offering trips all year round. The easiest way to come, besides direct international flights, is through Lisbon (2h flight) and Porto (2h30 flight). Check the Getting Here page to learn more.
What is the best season to hike in the Azores?
This activity is good all year round due to our mild climate.
Top Sights Hiking Tour Agrião – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers