- Certified guide
- Taste of local wine
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
UNESCO's favorite vineyards
Hiking ToursPico island Request Tour
UNESCO's favorite vineyards
Hiking to Criação Velha Vineyards – Half dayPico island
No discouragement flourishes, no thought grows dark while we walk through this green-painted space decorated with carmine-colored fruits, where the breeze is a breath and the sun a warm quilt stretched over the cliffs.
By the light of a pure, clear air, we will visit the vineyards spilled over the slopes, but also furrows, barrel ramps by the seaside, shelters, and wine cellars – all that makes the wine culture a special, complex world.
By the shade of the cane fields, which sometimes hide the decency of robust cellars, we will discover the sea salty air mixed with the fresh smell of the grape must, in a unique visual, olfactory universe…
In 2004, the landscape you will see in this hiking tour was protected by UNESCO.
A bath in Azorean wine culture
You will see several interesting elements from the wine culture, specific to the Azores.
Years of hiking
Hiking routes are accompanied by the knowledge and experience of our guides.
This trail stands out for its scenic and cultural diversity.
Since 2011, it has been part of an area of Protected Landscape for the Vineyard Culture, and is one of the most emblematic trails of the island.
Indeed, it includes a great active vineyard area, where the walls streaking is in perfect state of preservation.
Wander through a 1,500 year old lava field and admire the unique vineyards made of black lava stones and special vines, resistent to the Azorean unstable weather.
– This trail is a linear route connecting Candelária to Madalena.
– From Madalena, we will reach the trail. It is located in an area that was classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2004. This trail is particularly rich in elements of the wine culture.
– You will discover what makes Pico’s wine culture so special. And how this unique landscape was created.
– Walking over a 1,500 year old lava field, you will also be able to enjoy the view over the rock islets facing Madalena. From there we can see Pico mountain and other geological formations.
– Before reaching Madalena, you will have the chance to taste the wine at the local wine cooperative. Is there any better way to end a hike?
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Hiking to Criação Velha Vineyards – Half day
What to bring?
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Water and snacks
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Hiking to Criação Velha Vineyards – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers