- Certified Pico mountain guide
- Hiking poles
- Ascent fees
- Light meal (sandwich, cereal bar, water, juice, fruit and dried fruit) against extra fee
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Climb Portugal's highest mountain
Hiking ToursPico island Book now
Climb Portugal's highest mountain
Daytime Pico Mountain Climbing – Full dayPico island
We call it the ultimate Azorean challenge – in fact, probably its most sublime show: overcoming the mountain, the greatness of its alpine habitat entrenches the spirit of those who achieve it as well as the multitude of sceneries that can be embraced with a single prime glance.
Accustoming your eyes to the consecutive rings of mist; adapting your body to the tremendous lightness of the atmosphere makes you feel blessed, in that top that suspends you in an infinite dazzle.
To watch the sun set from the summit sheds over the average human an aura of greatness, peace, and eternity.
In good company
Thanks to our certified guide, you will climb the highest mountain of Portugal safely.
With a good weatherm it is possible to have an incredible panorama over all 5 central islands.
This adventure is one of a kind.
This is the experience you do not want to miss when in the Azores.
Climbing Pico mountain is quite a physical challenge, but the view is definitely worth it.
– Challenge yourself climbing Portugal’s highest mountain and enjoy the reward. This is the top thing to do while in Pico island, the ultimate Azorean challenge!
– Besides breathtaking views and unforgettable memories you will be in contact with lots of geological formations.
– We will welcome you for check in Madalena. Then, we will take you to the mountain house at 1,230m of altitude.
– There, the climb starts and takes an average of 8 hours both ways, including short stops and a picnic lunch at the top.
Ascent and descent
– The ascent and descent lead over the same, rather steep path of rocky and irregular ground, sometimes covered with loose material.
– A certified Pico mountain guide will give you tricks to make the climb easier. The guide will lead the way to the easiest ascent route, helping you to avoid injuries.
Back to Madalena
– At the end of this amazing self-rewarding trip, we will take you back to Madalena for a well-earned rest.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Daytime Pico Mountain Climbing – Full day
What to bring?
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Warm & comfortable clothes (no jeans)
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Picnic if you don’t choose our light meal option
- 1,5L of water, snacks
- This activity is ideal for keen walkers and not recommended for people with knee or heart problems
- It is essential to inform us if you have any health restriction or if you have been diving in the last 30 hours
- On request, children younger than 12 years can join the private tour
- It is the responsibility of the participant to be equipped according to our recommendations. The mountain access can be denied to persons that are not equipped adequately
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We scheduled the climb to Pico for the 25th of October. I admit that we had no idea what we were going to do. Jennifer and Daniel were on the dock at the time to take us to the Mountain House. There we started the climb to the highest point in Portugal with the private guide (Daniel). It was tough, the weather didn’t help but the guide made the whole effort 100% effective. We can say that more than the goal of reaching the top, the whole way is beautiful. From the “wild” sheep to the winged star. Worth it. Advise adventurers!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Daytime Pico Mountain Climbing – Full day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers