- Certified guide
- 1 museum entrance
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
A day just for you
Van ToursPico island Request Tour
A day just for you
Customized Private Van TourPico island
The greatest lava tube in Portugal; the highest volcano; the brightest volcanic rock; the most astonishing view over the neighboring islands…
Thematic tours take you through historical journeys and to the core of the local culture. The comfort of a van will not stop you from admiring the best chosen points – our gems of beauty – or from absorbing the culture, listening to the most thrilling tales, or from mesmerizing with the flavors of the gastronomy and momentarily mingle with the locals.
Pick your tour among extraordinary choices and absorb the island, savoring every precious moment…
We can make your dreams come true with this private experience designed by you and led by our professional guides.
Sir, yes sir
Whatever you are curious about, we will take you there and try to make it your best holidays ever.
Pico has so much to offer, and sometimes our visitors want a very specific experience focused on one particular environment or topic.
That is why at Futurismo, we let you choose what you want to do and where you want to go thanks to this special adventure.
Tell us what are your interests, we will be your guide.
– In order to meet your wishes and interests, we created this half-day tour. Depending on your request, we will drive you around some of the most emblematic stops around Pico. This way, you can get an insight into the island’s beauty and huge diversity.
– You can also choose a thematic tour about the whaling culture, wine culture, or geological patrimony.
Wine thematic tour
– One option is a comfortable trip to get to know your own Pico island. We can, for example, take you to the famous Criação Velha to admire the typical vineyard landscape of Pico. In the end, you can taste the well-known wine from grapes grown on the volcanic land.
– After that, we could head to Gruta das Torres for a speleological visit. This is the biggest lava tube in Portugal with a length of 5,150m.
Geological patrimony thematic tour
– For nature lovers, we have the perfect package. We can visit Pico mountain house located at 1,230m above sea level. There, you will have information about the Natural Reserve of Pico.
– Later on, we can head towards Lagoa do Capitão, with a wonderful panorama of the mountain. To end this trip, we can go to Lajido, where we will discover the heritage of wine culture.
Whaling culture thematic tour
– If you like historical experiences, let’s go back in time with us to the whaling times. Those have definitely molded the Azores archipelago.
– You will know everything about whaling traditions and the transition to whale watching. We can visit a whale lookout, the old whaling factory as well as the famous whaler’s museum.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Customized Private Van Tour
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Andrea Sievers, Germany
It’s impressive that we haven’t found anybody during our walking tour. It was amazing the communion with nature. It feels that nature is still untouched.
Ewan, The Netherlands
We had a great whale watching trip! Compared to some of the other operators that were on the water the same day, these guys seem to care much more about the animals (when we spotted a whale, the captain slowly got us closer to it, trying not to disturb the animal, while some other boats went at it at top speed).
We saw about a dozen young sperm whales, and a large pod of dolphins, but even without any sightings, the fantastic three-hour boat trip would have been worth the money!
Joana Cardoso, Portugal
After swimming with the dolphins in open sea I was feeling differently… I felt such a powerful energy. It’s an experience that I recommend to everybody!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Is this an adventure kind of tour?
It is a great adventure, but not physically demanding.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Customized Private Van Tour
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers