- Certified guide
- Equipment (neoprene suit, mask and snorkel, boots, harness, helmet and ropes)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Jump into the Atlantic
CoasteeringSao Miguel island
Jump into the Atlantic
Coasteering Tour in São Miguel Island – Half daySao Miguel island
An experience that delights the bold ones, provides courage to the shy ones, and lures entire groups, overwhelming them in the vertigo of a contagious excitement!
It brings rock and water activities together in the name of beauty – the dazzle of the coastal landscapes, where the dark cliffs meet the ocean in a delusion of blue, foam, and salty air.
Climbing high rocks under the surveillance of the guides, crossing from a headland to the other and spreading your arms offering yourself to a jump into the ocean: that is how you draw the silhouette of the island with your own body…
Adrenaline lovers, this is for you
Just let yourself be surprised by this empowering activity, jumping from high cliffs into the deep Atlantic and climbing volcanic rock. You are capable of anything!
Coasteering – a new practice
This is a unique experience where, in addition to having fun, you will learn more about the fauna and flora living on our coasts.
An experience like no other
Coasteering is certainly something you never heard about, and yet, it will be part of your best memories from your holidays in the Azores.
Last long memories
The guides will make sure that you keep this experience in your memory for a long time by taking photos and videos , so… smile!
Swim among a rich wildlife
Along the way, you might see plenty of fishes, sea birds, crabs, and lots of other marine species!
Hear the silence
Take the opportunity to listen to the extraordinary nature and observe the wonderful native and endemic flora around you.
Have a fresh start for your holidays in the Azores and jump into the Atlantic Ocean!
The coastline of the volcanic island of São Miguel hides areas that few people will ever get to know.
Coasteering along the wild coastline will give you another perspective of the island.
During this adventure, you will scramble, traverse the tide line, swim in a volcanic area surrounded by fauna and flora, climb and cliff jump into the water.
Água de Pau
– After the check in or pick up in Ponta Delgada, we will head to Água de Pau. It is a beautiful town in the municipality of Lagoa.
– There, we will get ready and have all the equipment necessary for this wonderful experience.
– We will then head to Caloura, where depending on the conditions, we will begin the coasteering in Cerco, or next to the pools in the harbor.
– This activity lasts about 3 hours, without the duration of the transportation time.
– Coasteering is available for children above 5 years old for safety reasons. It also always depends on the weather and tides conditions.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
Based on synergies within the Azores tourism ecosystem, we make the most of each other expertise, offering you exclusively the best selection of experiences
We charge the same prices our partners do on their websites
Plan your Coasteering Tour in São Miguel Island – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- For your safety, the tour will depend on water levels and weather conditions
- During the booking, it is necessary to provide the following information: gender, age, weight, height and shoe size
- Min height 1,20m – Max height 2,10m
- Min weight 20kg – Max weight 120kg
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my glasses with me?
You can bring your glasses, but make sure to bring a strap to attach it. We have some, but not many. The same for sunglasses. If you can, please bring contact lenses instead of glasses.
Do I have to wear the life jacket even if I know how to swim?
Yes, life jackets are mandatory for everyone for safety reasons.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I have lower back problems but I would like to do this tour. Is it recommended for me?
We don’t recommend this activity for people with back problems.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Coasteering Tour in São Miguel Island – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers
Earlybird Discount :
Enjoy a 10% discount if booking with 30 days in advance by using the Promo code EARLYBIRD on the checkout of your Whale Watching tour
Mix & Save :
Enjoy a 10% Discount on your Second Tour operated by Futurismo and 15% on the next ones🎉 Contact us via chat (working days only) or the +351 296 628 522