- Certified Canyoning guide
- Equipment (wetsuit, boots, harness, helmet and ropes)
- Snack (energy bar & water)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Through the canyons
CanyoningSao Miguel island
Through the canyons
Canyoning Tour to Salto do CabritoSao Miguel island
Futurismo has this ability to create worlds parallel to the usual world, moments that escape from everyday life, escape the known life, and introduce us to a dimension of privilege:
Waking up on a bright morning, climbing a trail through the woods and stories, and witnessing the awakening of things in all their splendor.
At the top of the river, to be able to launch, like birds, even mirrors of water, translucent and refreshing, which welcomes us like a glass of energy and vigor!
A true saga of adrenaline and adventure, under the experienced instructions of the guides – in the temperate climate of the Azores, the immersion in these wells that open in the beds is a blessing.
At Salto do Cabrito we will follow one of the longest watercourses on the island, interspersed by intense green and waterfalls, hitting our breathlessly clear atmosphere.
A magnificent waterfall
The waterfall Salto do Cabrito is another one of the many natural phenomena of São Miguel island. For those who like hiking, this beautiful trail of about 4km gives us the feeling of being at one with nature.
Surrounded by green
The trail starts next to the Pico Vermelho geothermal plant, on a dirt track, flanked by incense, acacia, cryptomeria and eucalyptus.
Crystal clear water & lush vegetation
Salto do Cabrito is well-known for its beauty, and also as a canyoning route!
It is possible to observe many endemic flora species on this hike.
Get ready to go down the stream and enjoy some beautiful waterfalls at one of the longest watercourses on the São Miguel island.
This is a unique experience where you will climb, swim and jump down or rappel down waterfalls.
The cherry on the cake: guides will take pictures and videos of you doing it!
So that you can keep a memory from this wonderful adventure.
Also don’t worry about trasportation, Futurismo will take you there!
Salto do Cabrito
– After the check-in or pick-up in Ponta Delgada, we will drive to the famous Salto do Cabrito, in Ribeira Grande. This is spectacular scenery for canyoning!
– Located close to a hydroelectric station, this area is full of waterfalls. The most famous is about 50m high. So, needless to say, that you will definitely have fun in this natural playground.
– During the descent, we will have a brief stop for a snack. Then, continue exploring the stream to reach the highlight of the day: the last two consecutive waterfalls where you can really feel the real adrenaline of canyoning!
Smile, you are being filmed
– The certified guides will make sure to take pictures and videos to capture this special moment you will never forget. Then, we will take you back to Ponta Delgada.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
Based on synergies within the Azores tourism ecosystem, we make the most of each other expertise, offering you exclusively the best selection of experiences
We charge the same prices our partners do on their websites
Plan your Canyoning Tour to Salto do Cabrito
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Hairband (if applicable)
- Water and snacks
- If it is raining a lot, the activity can be cancelled due to the water levels of the river
- During the booking, it is necessary to provide the following information: gender, age, weight, height and shoe size
- For your safety, the tour will depend on water levels and weather conditions
- Min height 1,20m – Max height 2,10m
- Min weight 20kg – Max weight 120kg
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my glasses with me?
You can bring your glasses, but make sure to bring a strap to attach it. We have some, but not many. The same for sunglasses. If you can, please bring contact lenses instead of glasses.
Do I have to wear the life jacket even if I know how to swim?
Yes, life jackets are mandatory for everyone for safety reasons.
Do I need to be in a good physical condition for this tour?
This activity is suitable for everyone with a normal health/medical and physical condition.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I have lower back problems but I would like to do this tour. Is it recommended for me?
We don’t recommend this activity for people with back problems.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Top Sights Canyoning Tour to Salto do Cabrito
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers