- Certified Canyoning guide
- Equipment (wetsuit, boots, harness, helmet and ropes)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
CanyoningSao Miguel island Book now
Canyoning Tour to Ribeira dos CaldeirõesSao Miguel island
Canyoning places the human being in the pursuit of nature: bonded to rock walls, suspended from heights, it allows him/her to invade water courses and to imitate their rhythm with their body, in a pulsing sensation of the sun, of the breeze, and of the moss.
In the most beautiful Ribeira dos Caldeirões, the ascending route works on the muscles and prepares the limbs – the path alongside the stream is next, walking through its reliefs, detours, and flat points.
Hanging over a luxurious vegetation makes us feel the power of nature, as if we were as strong as the vines and as graceful as the stems.
Suspended from the rock in a rhythmic balance, with the falls and the water, we become another extension of nature, moving towards the light.
Discover secret waterfalls
We will take you to extraordinary places where only locals know.
Jump, rappel, slide and swim
There is no time to get bored on this tour as you will complete a route full of natural wonders.
Lost in the jungle
Walk between big canyons and dive deep in the rivers on the living wild paradise!
Perform in the most beautiful spots
Discover places well-known for their natural beauty.
We will pick you up in Ponta Delgada and travel as far as Nordeste (1h), to begin our canyoning adventure!
Certainly, you have already seen lots of pictures of the main waterfall at Ribeira dos Caldeirões.
It is definitely a place you do not want to miss when visiting the island of São Miguel.
There, our guides will explain all the safety rules and give you the adequate equipment.
Let’s go for an incredible experience together!
Ribeira dos Caldeirões
– We will start this adventure with the check-in or pick-up in Ponta Delgada. For this tour, we will go to an incredible scenery: Ribeira dos Caldeirões in Nordeste.
– That is a protected natural park full of waterfalls. The biggest waterfall is over 40 meters high. You will have time to contemplate it and absorb some of nature’s vibration.
– Warm-up walking up the trail until reaching the starting point of this exciting adventure.
– We will jump, slide and abseil in a 100% natural environment. We will be descending along the stream that flows from the mountain top, completely surrounded by lush forest.
– The descent begins with scrambling and spending some time exploring down the stream.
– Abseiling along waterfalls is an unforgettable experience. Indeed, you will feel close to the power of nature.
Smile, you are being filmed
– The guides who will come with you all along the tour will take pictures and videos of you. So that you can keep a souvenir from this experience. Then it is time to go back to Ponta Delgada.
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
Based on synergies within the Azores tourism ecosystem, we make the most of each other expertise, offering you exclusively the best selection of experiences
We charge the same prices our partners do on their websites
Plan your Canyoning Tour to Ribeira dos Caldeirões
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Hairband (if applicable)
- Water and snacks
- During the booking, it is necessary to provide the following information: gender, age, weight, height and shoe size
- For your safety, the tour will depend on water levels and weather conditions
- Min height 1,20m – Max height 2,10m
- Min weight 20kg – Max weight 120kg
Good to know
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before the tour, no penalties are applied
- Cancellations up to 24 hours: 50% of the total amount will be charged
- Cancellations less than 24 hours or no-show: full amount will be charged
- If the weather conditions do not allow the activity to be done safely, we will cancel it and contact you suggesting an alternative date or provide a full refund.
Booking confirmation policy
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of successful booking.
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my glasses with me?
You can bring your glasses, but make sure to bring a strap to attach it. We have some, but not many. The same for sunglasses. If you can, please bring contact lenses instead of glasses.
Do I have to wear the life jacket even if I know how to swim?
Yes, life jackets are mandatory for everyone for safety reasons.
Do I need to be in a good physical condition for this tour?
This activity is suitable for everyone with a normal health/medical and physical condition.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I have lower back problems but I would like to do this tour. Is it recommended for me?
We don’t recommend this activity for people with back problems.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Is Canyoning scary?
It is an adventurous activity with some adrenaline, but it is perfectly safe. You are not forced to jump as there are always alternatives.
What is the best weather to do Canyoning in Azores?
When it is raining, it is the best moment to do canyoning, you will get wet anyway.
Top Sights Canyoning Tour to Ribeira dos Caldeirões
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers