– During this circular trail, we will discover how life on a small island in the Atlantic is and how it used to be.
– We will pass by other places that can be associated with the whaling period. For example, a traditional whale lookout, nowadays used for whale and dolphin watching experiences.
– We will also have the opportunity to see one of the tripods, used to melt the whale’s blubber.
– The trail leads us along with natural pools, ancient paths, houses and gardens, forests, fields, and adegas.
– We will return to Madalena along the south coast, with a stop at Lajes do Pico. Here we end our tour with a visit to the famous Whaling Museum.