- Certified guide
- Walking sticks
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Insurance (personal accident and liability)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Nature lovers paradise | Serra Devassa
Hiking ToursSao Miguel island Book now
Nature lovers paradise | Serra Devassa
Hiking Tour to Serra Devassa – Half daySao Miguel island
The volcanic complex of Sete Cidades preserves the treasure of a magnificent watershed whose lagoons fit together, as opalescent gems, in the intense velvet of the scenery.
To walk it is to realize this stunning cooperation, where watercourses and endemic vegetation mutually nurture one another and, together, feed the island with beauty.
The legend that you will hear on the magnificent reign suddenly submersed and now asleep under the waters will seem real in such set.
Secret Lagoons waiting for you
The trail goes by many different lakes, can you count them on the way?
This is not a tour that many tourists will do. Let’s go, we will show you amazing hidden beauty.
Eden garden is in São Miguel
The pure nature you will see during this tour is really incredible.
One of the 7 wonders of Portugal
This is a complete hike to discover the wonderful region of Sete Cidades.
This hike is essential to get to know the hydrographic basin of Sete Cidades volcanic complex better.
We will show you diverse lakes and volcano craters, far away from the tourist flow.
This is probably one of the most complete hikes to discover the Sete Cidades region, yet it will only last some hours.
If you want to know this beautiful region better than regular travelers, come with us.
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
Starting point: Lagoa do Canário
– Our guide will give a briefing next to Lagoa do Canário. Then, we will start the trail and enjoy Lagoa das Éguas, Pico das Éguas and Lagoa Rasa.
– Learn everything about the importance of water courses for the municipality of Ponta Delgada. Also on this trail there is a lot of endemic vegetation that you will know more about.
Along the trail, discover many lakes and lagoons with different characteristics.
Grota do Inferno viewpoint
– One of the most iconic spots we will visit is Grota do Inferno viewpoint. It is one of the most famous places in São Miguel island. This dramatic and spectacular viewpoint offers incredible views over many lakes! Perfect for nature pictures.
Pico das Éguas
– We will reach Pico das Éguas, the highest point in the west of the island of São Miguel (873m). On a clear day, you can have a beautiful view of the lakes around.
Vista do Rei belvedere
– Vista do Rei (“the King’s viewpoint”) is one of the most emblematic and best-known landscapes of São Miguel.
– The splendid panoramic view over one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal is absolutely magical. Indeed, it is a must-see while on holidays in the Azores.
– Its name comes from the visit of King Dom Carlos I and Queen Dona Amelia in 1901. They contemplated Sete Cidades from this very same spot.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plan your Hiking Tour to Serra Devassa – Half day
What to bring?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- This hike is not recommended for people with knee/joint problems. Please let us know if you have any of these conditions
Good to know
Reviews What people think about
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Andrea Sievers, Germany
It’s impressive that we haven’t found anybody during our walking tour. It was amazing the communion with nature. It feels that nature is still untouched.
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Are there any pickup and drop off locations I can use?
Yes, please check the Departure and Return section presented on every tour.
Can I cancel my tour reservation and have a full refund?
Yes, you can check our detailed cancellation and refund policies per tour on each tour page, under “Good to Know” section
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
I am pregnant but I would like to do this activity. Is it possible?
We don’t recommend this tour for pregnant women.
What if the weather isn’t ok?
If the weather doesn’t allow to do this activity safely, we will cancel it and suggest na alternative date.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Please check the minimum number of participant for each tour inside the program’s page.
Where is located Sete Cidades?
Sete Cidades is about 40 minutes away from Ponta Delgada. It is situated on the western part of São Miguel island.
What can I do in Sete Cidades?
In addition to enjoying the magical surrounding landscape, during the summertime, it is possible to
How to go to Sete Cidades?
It is better to rent a car and go by yourself. However, wecan offer a transferfrom and to Ponta Delgada. Also, there are some buses from Ponta Delgada. More information in the tourist office.
Top Sights Hiking Tour to Serra Devassa – Half day
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign Up for Email Updates on News & Offers