- Certified guide
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Assurances (accidents corporels et responsabilité civile)
Embracing Lagoa do Fogo natural world
Van ToursSao Miguel island Réserver
Embracing Lagoa do Fogo natural world
Van Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Half daySao Miguel island
With a customized service, attentive to the satisfaction and level of detail that it provides, we offer you this tour, a ride of companionship and shared enthusiasm.
In a van tour, the adventure goes hand-in-hand with rest, with the quietness of the places, and with the intrinsic quality of life present in moments of enjoyment, delight, and fulfillment – as a thermal bath in a forest.
Climbing the roads where centennial trees profile, as sentinels from the past, we will reach the mountain top, a viewpoint that unveils, before your eyes, the almost violent beauty of the lagoon alighted in the bottom of the crater.
In the hillside, and all around, there will be a blue curtain of the purest air only sliced by the calling of the seagulls and by the whisper of the wind in the treetops.
Avoid the stress of driving and let us guide you to wonderful places.
Bathing in the Jurassic world
Deep inside the forest with many plants dating from the Cretaceous period, hold your breath and dive on the warm termal iron-rich waters!
Impressive Fogo volcano landscapes
Answer the call of the wild. Visit and admire a true natural wonder, the most beautiful green emerald lake on the island.
Lagoa do Fogo is one of the most magnificent places here in São Miguel Island. This extinct crater was formed during an eruption in 1563.
Feel the power of nature
Located in the caldera of a sleeping volcano…down there the water is cristal clear. Welcome to Fogo Lake in São Miguel Island!
Fogo lake is surrounded by lush and diverse endemic azorean vegetation. It is one of the favorite places for travelers and locals.
If you are looking for a half-day comfortable trip to see some of the most magnificent highlights of São Miguel Island, then this is a tour that we will recommend.
You will be able to see the beauty of the Nature Reserve of Fogo.
During this van tour, you will witness secondary volcanic activity, bathe in the naturally warmed waters of Fogo volcano, and also know more about the electricity production in São Miguel.
Pico da Barrosa
– This adventure starts by checking in at our shop in Ponta Delgada or by picking you up and heading to Fogo volcano.
– We will begin with Pico da Barrosa, from where you can see both South and north coasts of the island. Pico da Barrosa is a wonderful viewpoint you have to visit while in São Miguel.
– It offers an astonishing view from where you can also have a first sight of the magical Fogo Volcano and Lake.
Lagoa do Fogo viewpoint
– Then, we will go down to the viewpoint of Lagoa do Fogo to see the blue lake. There, you will be able to enjoy nature at its best. Fogo lake is one of the most untouched places around São Miguel.
– You will truly feel the power of nature that created this amazing lake in a volcanic crater. Astonishing views from the top of the crater’s border are a must to photograph!
– In order to make this experience unforgettable, we will visit Caldeira Velha.
– The volcanic hot springs are surrounded by green lush forests. Submerge yourself and relax in natural warm iron-rich waters. Also, discover the famous hot waterfall and listen to the sounds of nature. It is another absolute must-do in São Miguel Island. Don’t forget your swimsuit!
Salto do Cabrito
– After this relaxing moment, we will stop at the beautiful Salto do Cabrito. It is a waterfall with a little pond of clear waters. We will also see the hydroelectric station located near the waterfall.
– Take your time to contemplate the magnificent waterfall of Salto do Cabrito, about 50m high.
– At the end of the day, we will pass by the center of Ribeira Grande, before heading back to Ponta Delgada.
Point de départ
Heure de départ
Point de Retour
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifiez votre Van Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Half day
Ce qu'il faut apporter?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- The visit to Salto do Cabrito can be done by foot due to the road and weather conditions
Reviews What people think about
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
Et si le temps n’est pas au rendez-vous ?
Si la météo ne permet pas de faire cette activité en toute sécurité, nous l’annulerons et proposerons une autre date.
Puis-je annuler ma réservation de visite et obtenir un remboursement complet?
Oui, vous pouvez consulter nos politiques d’annulation et de remboursement détaillées par visite sur chaque page de visite, dans la section « Bon à savoir »
Will I be able to swim in Fogo lake?
No, Fogo Lake is a natural reserve, and for natural preservation purposes, it is not authorized to bathe in the lake.