- Certified guide
- Taste of local wine
- Assurances (accidents corporels et responsabilité civile)
Hike and drink, we will drive
Hiking ToursPico island Réserver
Hike and drink, we will drive
Hiking UNESCO Heritage: Santana to LajidoPico island
This is one of the precious places protected by UNESCO from the interference of anything but sheer perfection: an authentic open-air museum and a mandatory pilgrimage for the lovers of wine artistry, as it is packed with cellars dating from the golden age of the Czars’ wine!
In this soil, where volcanism is strongly imprinted and heavy ox carts still pass by, coming across the origin of all this adventure, amidst the beauty of the land that originated it, is a privilege…
One of the oldest wine production places
Discover the famous liquorous Pico wine in a unique open air museum.
Learn everything about wine
Our guide knows everything about the wines of Pico.
This is the ultimate tour if you want to become a liquorous Pico wine expert.
We will bring you to an all about wine experience, while walking surrounded by unique landscape.
Lajido is one of the oldest wine production places. Extend your knowledge on wine and discover Pico on foot with Futurismo.
Due to the good preservation of the place with its many little adegas (wine cellars), manor houses and evidences related to the golden wine age, we can say that it is an authentic open air museum.
– After the check in Madalena, we are ready to go on this interesting trip. During the day, you will learn so much about Pico island and its wine culture.
– We will leave Madalena and reach the trail that leads through the landscape of the vineyards. Those are part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
– You will walk through dense vegetation, along pastures and over stone paths marked by the constant passage of ox carts. Once in Lajido, we will have the chance to taste the traditional Pico wine.
From grapes to wine
– The original wines from Pico are white with a high alcohol graduation (liquorous wines).
– Three noble grape varieties exist. So we have Verdelho, Azorean Arinto and Pico’s Terrantez; Verdelho being the most common one.
More about wine
– Due to the volcanic ground and special arrangement of vineyards, we obtain grapes with a high content of sugar. The wine has an equilibrated acidity and high minerality.
– Pico has been producing wine since the 15th century, some years after the first settlers came.
– After this cultural hike and delicious wine tasting, we will go back to Madalena to drop you off.
Point de départ
Heure de départ
Point de Retour
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifiez votre Hiking UNESCO Heritage: Santana to Lajido
Ce qu'il faut apporter?
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Water and snacks
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
This is the second time we have done this package as we were bringing friends and we knew that there would not be any « surprises ». Guides always present differently, so the tours for us were just like going on them for the first time.
A big shout out to Triin, Rodrigo (Rod), and Raoul. I would not hesitate to do future tours with this company.
Jorgen Johansen, Sweden
I enjoyed particularly the fact that we could visit São Miguel on the jeep tour and got a whole different idea from our last trip. Knowledgeable information is given by the guide about the island specially concerning Azorean history and traditions. Great service and wonderful friendly guides!
Et si le temps n’est pas au rendez-vous ?
Si la météo ne permet pas de faire cette activité en toute sécurité, nous l’annulerons et proposerons une autre date.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Puis-je annuler ma réservation de visite et obtenir un remboursement complet?
Oui, vous pouvez consulter nos politiques d’annulation et de remboursement détaillées par visite sur chaque page de visite, dans la section « Bon à savoir »