- Certified guide
- Picnic lunch (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
- Assurances (accidents corporels et responsabilité civile)
From Serra do Topo to Fajã dos Cubres
Hiking ToursSão Jorge island Request Tour
From Serra do Topo to Fajã dos Cubres
Hiking Serra do Topo to Fajã dos CubresSão Jorge island
Cheese factories with processes still mostly artisanal will fulfill your curiosity and instruct your palate for intense revelations…
The «fajãs» will show us the best that exists in the original, ancient soul f the people, and the sea is so clear that even reflects our thoughts…
To the truth of nature some man-erected moments join in, worthy and heavy in History and the air that we breathe here is strained with freshness.
Unlikely Place on Our Planet
As if the soil had fallen on the sea forming an extensive tongue of land. It is thrilling just to see, imagine having the privilege of going down!
Between the Green and the Blue
The mountains, basalt houses and the sea that bathes one of the most beautiful fajãs in the Azores are presented!
Fajã dos Cubres, on the island of São Jorge, was elected one of the 7 wonders of Portugal in the theme Sea Villages. And it is very easy to see why!
The basalt houses seem to have been designed in detail by renowned landscape artists, they are very well framed between the green of the cliff and the blue of the sea.
On this trail, going down from Serra do Topo, passing through Fajã de Santo Cristo to Fajã dos Cubres, we wander through pastures, know endemic vegetation and pass through water courses.
On this walk you will also have the opportunity to take a dip in the crystal clear waters of the beautiful waterfall of Fajã de Santo Cristo. This is a hike that should be on your list of things to do on the island of São Jorge.
Pico to São Jorge
– Our adventure begins when we arrive in Velas. The ferry trip is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Madalena or 45 minutes from São Roque.
Fajã da Caldeira de Santo Cristo
– The hiking part will be about 10km long, for a total time of around 3.5 hours. We will wander along pastures, endemic vegetation and water courses. You can also take a dip in the crystal-clear water of a beautiful waterfall before arriving at the lava delta.
– Once we reach the Fajã, which is also considered to be one of the best surfing spots of Portugal, we will learn what makes it so special and why it is declared a nature reserve.
Fajã dos Cubres
– After a picnic lunch and some free time to fully explore this unique place, we will continue to Fajã dos Cubres.
– There is only one access for the circulation of quad bikes. They ensure the supply of the few people still having their permanent residence there. After being trapped for several days following the last earthquake in 1980, most of the inhabitants abandoned their homes.
Back to Pico
– After this full-day tour to the beautiful São Jorge, it is time to take the ferry back to Pico.
Point de départ
Heure de départ
Point de Retour
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifiez votre Hiking Serra do Topo to Fajã dos Cubres
Ce qu'il faut apporter?
- Comfortable light clothes
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Swimsuit & towel
- Water and snacks
- Boat tickets not included
- You can join this tour if you are already in São Jorge
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
Reviews What people think about
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Et si le temps n’est pas au rendez-vous ?
Si la météo ne permet pas de faire cette activité en toute sécurité, nous l’annulerons et proposerons une autre date.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Puis-je annuler ma réservation de visite et obtenir un remboursement complet?
Oui, vous pouvez consulter nos politiques d’annulation et de remboursement détaillées par visite sur chaque page de visite, dans la section « Bon à savoir »
Principaux sites Hiking Serra do Topo to Fajã dos Cubres
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/futurism/public_html/wp-content/themes/futurismo_2021/partials/program/program_locations_slider.php on line 74