- Certified guide
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Assurances (accidents corporels et responsabilité civile)
A Visit to Ponta Delgada's Underworld
Cultural ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
A Visit to Ponta Delgada's Underworld
Experience Tour – Carvão Cave & PineappleSao Miguel island
It is possible to descend to the mysterious place that runs underneath the city, along 2000 meters, in the subsoil: these are the remaining areas of the primitive internal lava tube that once extended for over five kilometers…
The odd beauty of this quiescent substance, the obscure feeling of entering the heart of the earth will make the entire activity be worthwhile…
In the surrounds of Ponta Delgada, the pineapple plantations await us. An exotic fruit that was acclimatized to the Azorean soil and temperature in massive greenhouses: to visit one of them is to experience a fragile and alternative world full of aromas, moist, patience, and silence.
From the depths of the Atlantic Ocean
The formation of the 9 islands of the archipelago extends in the Atlantic for 650 km from the island of Corvo to the island of Santa Maria. You will know everything about how these volcanic islands were formed.
The secrets of the Azorean Pineapple
The humid climate of São Miguel gives unique characteristics to the delicious fruit of the Azores!
A lava tunnel under the city
Did you know that under Ponta Delgada, there is a huge lava tunnel? Get inside with us!
Pineapple is King
This is the typical fruit of the island, you absolutely have to taste it before going back home. We cultivate pineapples in cute little greenhouses that you should visit.
Available for all the family
Children can also participate and be on a kayak accompanied by their responsible adult so that all the family can enjoy this experience.
Two highlights during this tour: Gruta do Carvão and the pineaple plantations.
About the lava tube, a certified guide will take you there and show you many geological curiosities. A whole world under the ground.
Back at the surface, we will take you to the pineapple plantations where you will learn a whole lot about this fruit and how it goes from the seed to the plate.
Gruta do Carvão
– After the check-in or pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let’s visit Gruta do Carvão. It is located on the northwest side of Ponta Delgada. This lava tunnel currently extends about 2,000 meters underground.
– According to old documents and field observations, this lava tube may have originally reached a length of 5km.
– We will continue our tour with a visit to the pineapple plantations in Fajã de Baixo. It is only a few kilometres away from Ponta Delgada.
– There, you will learn more about the cultivation process of this tropical fruit. Here in the Azores, it is growing under greenhouses because of the oceanic climate.
Back to Ponta Delgada
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you off back in Ponta Delgada.
Point de départ
Heure de départ
Point de Retour
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifiez votre Experience Tour – Carvão Cave & Pineapple
Ce qu'il faut apporter?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- You can book for fewer people. If the minimum is not met on that daym tou can reschedule, assume the full value of the experience (4 people) or cancel at least 48 hours beforehand
Reviews What people think about
The city tour was amazing though thanks to my guide Chiara!
I was admittedly expecting it to be relatively boring, but Chiara was such an amazing guide. She was able to show me around the best spots, stopped for ice cream, answer all my questions, and was just fun to be around. Great time, would highly recommend it!
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
Et si le temps n’est pas au rendez-vous ?
Si la météo ne permet pas de faire cette activité en toute sécurité, nous l’annulerons et proposerons une autre date.