- Certified guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Assurances (accidents corporels et responsabilité civile)
Unveiling Ponta Delgada's Secrets
Cultural ToursSao Miguel island Request Tour
Unveiling Ponta Delgada's Secrets
City Tour, Pineapple, Arts & Crafts MuseumSao Miguel island
You will be surrendered to the historic beauty of the city center thanks to the presentation of some of its most significant landmarks, monuments, and tales which will carry you to other eras, as a time machine.
After, a pilgrimage to the pineapple greenhouses, an ancient production that can work wonders amidst a sweet, heavy air, where the pulpy, aromatic fruits slowly grow.
At last, an encounter with the 1940’s and 1950’s in these islands, at the ethnographic workshop / Capelas’ Museum: an accurate reconstitution through pieces collected along decades transports us in time and in space.
Cultural & Historical approach
Our guide will tell you everything about this beautiful city.
The largest pineapple production areas are found south of São Miguel Island in whitewashed greenhouses.
Back in the time…
The museum of arts & crafts is not so known by tourists, but really worth it to better understand the Azores.
The historical monuments of Ponta Delgada
It has never been easier to visit the largest municipality in the Azores with more than 500 years of history. Some places will surprise you!
The secrets of the Azorean Pineapple
The humid climate of São Miguel gives unique characteristics to the delicious fruit of the Azores!
This full-day tour is divided in three times: the visit of Ponta Delgada, the Visit of a Museum in Capelas and the visit to the pineapple plantations in Fajã de Baixo.
All of the parts are very important to get into the culture and history of the Azores.
Our expert guide will tell you everything about it. If you are curious, don’t hesitate to ask questions!
– We will start this full-day tour with a visit on foot to the center of Ponta Delgada. It is the biggest city in terms of population of the Azores.
– On the program:
a) Forte de São Brás;
b)São Francisco Square;
c) Sena Freitas garden with Conceição’s Palace exterior facade (Palace of the Presidency of the Azores Regional Government);
d) Portas da Cidade (city gates);
e) Parish Church of São Sebastião;
f) Mercado da Graça (farmers’ market);
g) Church of São Pedro;
h) Marina of Ponta Delgada.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
– After lunch, we will visit the pineapple plantations in Fajã de Baixo. Let’s learn more about the cultivation of this tropical fruit.
– Then, we continue our tour towards the town of Capelas to visit the Oficina Museu (Workshop Museum). There, you will return to the past and discover Ponta Delgada in the 40s and 50s.
– You will learn more about the Azorean way of life and culture as well as how it has developed throughout the years to be what it is nowadays.
– At the end of the visit, we will drop you off in Ponta Delgada.
Point de départ
Heure de départ
Point de Retour
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifiez votre City Tour, Pineapple, Arts & Crafts Museum
Ce qu'il faut apporter?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- You can book for fewer people. If the minimum is not met on that daym tou can reschedule, assume the full value of the experience (4 people) or cancel at least 48 hours beforehand
Reviews What people think about
The city tour was amazing though thanks to my guide Chiara!
I was admittedly expecting it to be relatively boring, but Chiara was such an amazing guide. She was able to show me around the best spots, stopped for ice cream, answer all my questions, and was just fun to be around. Great time, would highly recommend it!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
John Smith, USA
Excellent English spoken and very knowledgeable guides. The company shows true passion for working with guests and imparting a good cultural experience.
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
Et si le temps n’est pas au rendez-vous ?
Si la météo ne permet pas de faire cette activité en toute sécurité, nous l’annulerons et proposerons une autre date.