- Certified Canyoning guide
- Equipment (wetsuit, boots, harness, helmet and ropes)
- Snack (energy bar & water)
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Assurances (accidents corporels et responsabilité civile)
Through the canyons
CanyoningSao Miguel island Réserver
Through the canyons
Canyoning Tour to Salto do CabritoSao Miguel island
Futurismo has this ability to create worlds parallel to the usual world, moments that escape from everyday life, escape the known life, and introduce us to a dimension of privilege:
Waking up on a bright morning, climbing a trail through the woods and stories, and witnessing the awakening of things in all their splendor.
At the top of the river, to be able to launch, like birds, even mirrors of water, translucent and refreshing, which welcomes us like a glass of energy and vigor!
A true saga of adrenaline and adventure, under the experienced instructions of the guides – in the temperate climate of the Azores, the immersion in these wells that open in the beds is a blessing.
At Salto do Cabrito we will follow one of the longest watercourses on the island, interspersed by intense green and waterfalls, hitting our breathlessly clear atmosphere.
A magnificent waterfall
The waterfall Salto do Cabrito is another one of the many natural phenomena of São Miguel island. For those who like hiking, this beautiful trail of about 4km gives us the feeling of being at one with nature.
Surrounded by green
The trail starts next to the Pico Vermelho geothermal plant, on a dirt track, flanked by incense, acacia, cryptomeria and eucalyptus.
Crystal clear water & lush vegetation
Salto do Cabrito is well-known for its beauty, and also as a canyoning route!
It is possible to observe many endemic flora species on this hike.
Get ready to go down the stream and enjoy some beautiful waterfalls at one of the longest watercourses on the São Miguel island.
This is a unique experience where you will climb, swim and jump down or rappel down waterfalls.
The cherry on the cake: guides will take pictures and videos of you doing it!
So that you can keep a memory from this wonderful adventure.
Also don’t worry about trasportation, Futurismo will take you there!
Salto do Cabrito
– After the check-in or pick-up in Ponta Delgada, we will drive to the famous Salto do Cabrito, in Ribeira Grande. This is spectacular scenery for canyoning!
– Located close to a hydroelectric station, this area is full of waterfalls. The most famous is about 50m high. So, needless to say, that you will definitely have fun in this natural playground.
– During the descent, we will have a brief stop for a snack. Then, continue exploring the stream to reach the highlight of the day: the last two consecutive waterfalls where you can really feel the real adrenaline of canyoning!
Smile, you are being filmed
– The certified guides will make sure to take pictures and videos to capture this special moment you will never forget. Then, we will take you back to Ponta Delgada.
Point de départ
Heure de départ
Point de Retour
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
Based on synergies within the Azores tourism ecosystem, we make the most of each other expertise, offering you exclusively the best selection of experiences
We charge the same prices our partners do on their websites
Planifiez votre Canyoning Tour to Salto do Cabrito
Ce qu'il faut apporter?
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Hairband (if applicable)
- Water and snacks
- If it is raining a lot, the activity can be cancelled due to the water levels of the river
- During the booking, it is necessary to provide the following information: gender, age, weight, height and shoe size
- For your safety, the tour will depend on water levels and weather conditions
- Min height 1,20m – Max height 2,10m
- Min weight 20kg – Max weight 120kg
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
Do I have to wear the life jacket even if I know how to swim?
Yes, life jackets are mandatory for everyone for safety reasons.
Puis-je annuler ma réservation de visite et obtenir un remboursement complet?
Oui, vous pouvez consulter nos politiques d’annulation et de remboursement détaillées par visite sur chaque page de visite, dans la section « Bon à savoir »