- Guía certificado
- Bastones para caminar
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Seguro (accidentes personales y responsabilidad civil)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Magical Forest and the Waterfall
Rutas a pieSao Miguel island Reservar Ahora
Magical Forest and the Waterfall
Hiking Tour to Salto do Cabrito – Half daySao Miguel island
A journey around sulphurous waters heated by the land and around frigid, living waters that emerge from the springs:
The intense bush odor and the fertile vegetation join the walker and make him/her an intense part of this habitat forged in vines, flowers, tubers, and thick carpets of moss.
From the first electrical plants of the island, dating from the 19th century, to the clear pits where you can wash both body and soul; from bubbling waterfalls to leafy branches shading the soil on the paths; from suspended iron bridges over streams and visions of light in hidden spaces – all of these luxurious and incredible images can be captured.
Discover the origins of São Miguel thanks to interesting geological patterns on this tour.
Crystal clear water & lush vegetation
Salto do Cabrito is well-known for its beauty, and also as a canyoning route!
Feel the heat at Caldeiras
The fumaroles of Caldeiras da Ribeira Grande are like the ones in Furnas, you can cook dishes in closed pans inside the ground.
A magnificent waterfall
The waterfall Salto do Cabrito is another one of the many natural phenomena of São Miguel island. For those who like hiking, this beautiful trail of about 4km gives us the feeling of being at one with nature.
It is possible to observe many endemic flora species on this hike.
On this interesting easy circular hike, our guide will give interesting information about the water resources of São Miguel island.
This is a great opportunity to be in contact with nature and at the same time discover how it becomes very useful in our lives.
We will pass by curious places, such as an old hydroelectric power station, a hydro power plant or also fumaroles where you can cook dishes under the hot volcanic ground.
Let the adventure begin
– After the check-in at our shop, or the pick-up in Ponta Delgada, let our adventure begin. Our guide will welcome you and lead you to one of our comfortable vehicles for a great experience.
The descent to the waterfall
– Starting point: Caldeiras da Ribeira Grande.
– The first part of the trail is to descend on a dirt path with lush nature until you reach the Hydroelectric Power Station of Salto do Cabrito. This is where we will enjoy the waterfall and have some time to take pictures.
Above the waterfall
– Then we will go up some stairs with a very steep slope and on the way we will pass by an iron walkway. For those who fear heights, be prepared to overcome this challenge!
– However, it is a footpath that is definitely worth it. We walk very close to the river and feel the vibrant nature.
Fajã do Redondo Hydroelectric Power Station
– On the way, we will pass by the iconic former Hydroelectric Power Station. Then, it is time to return to the starting point.
Way back home
– At the end of this experience, we will drop you back in Ponta Delgada.
Punto de partida
Hora de salida
Punto de retorno
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifica tu Hiking Tour to Salto do Cabrito – Half day
- zapatos para caminar
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Esta actividad no está recomendada para personas con problemas de rodillas o articulaciones. Por favor, infórmanos si es el caso.
- We recommend extra care for people that fear heights
Reviews What people think about
We did a few tours with them and all their guides were sharp, friendly, and knowledgeable. They have many tours to offer.
This is the second time we have done this package as we were bringing friends and we knew that there would not be any «surprises». Guides always present differently, so the tours for us were just like going on them for the first time.
A big shout out to Triin, Rodrigo (Rod), and Raoul. I would not hesitate to do future tours with this company.
We spent six full days in São Miguel. The itineraries (including dolphin watching) are very complete. The guide who accompanied us for 5 days (Patxi) very professional and friendly. We recommend 100%!
Preguntas más frecuentes
¿Puedo cancelar mi reserva de viaje y obtener un reembolso completo?
Sí, puede consultar nuestras políticas detalladas de cancelación y reembolso por recorrido en la página de cada recorrido, en la sección «Es bueno saberlo»
¿Y si no hace buen tiempo?
Si el clima no permite realizar esta actividad de manera segura, la cancelaremos y sugeriremos una fecha alternativa.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Lugares de Interés Hiking Tour to Salto do Cabrito – Half day
Suscríbete a nuestra newsletter
Regístrese para recibir actualizaciones por correo electrónico sobre noticias y ofertas