- Guía certificado
- Seguro (accidentes personales y responsabilidad civil)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
Hike on the summit of a Giant Volcano
Rutas a pieFaial island Request Tour
Hike on the summit of a Giant Volcano
Hiking on the Rim of the Caldeira – Half dayFaial island
During the entire journey there will be grazing lands and sea at sight. As there will be an indigo-blue sky or a soft lead of clouds over the hills. There is the scent of wild bush and dampened wood; the Laurissilva forest with its birds, insects, and whispering leaves.
There is the vision of hydrangeas and of the quiet sea – the vision of the proximity of the islands that cuddle us; there is the Azorean breeze, different from any other – as it is a breeze that mumbles stories, colors, and feelings that awake us to the flow of life.
An impressive volcanic crater
If there are almost perfect conservation sites, Caldeira do Faial is one of them with incredible natural and endemic vegetation.
The immensity of Nature and the Smallness of Man
Also known as the «Silence of Cathedral», Caldeira do Faial is the most beautiful place on the island!
Anyone who has done the trail around Caldeira do Faial has no doubt that it definitely deserves a visit.
When you see the size of the crater for the first time, and feel that you are treading volcanic soil, it is absolutely stunning! Imagine the path traveled between hydrangeas and the feeling of smallness in front of such natural beauty.
Caldeira do Faial is approximately 2km in diameter, 400 meters deep and its interior is full of Laurissilva Forest, which in 1972 earned the prestigious status of Natural Reserve.
It makes you want to book the trip now, right? What are you waiting for?
– After a ferry trip of about 30 minutes from Madalena, here we are in the city of Horta.
The Rim of the Caldeira
– We will drive up to the rim of the Caldeira, to the 2.5h walking trail circling the cauldron. Caldeira rises up to 1,043m (3,422ft). It was in 1972 the first nature reserve of the Azores due to the luxurious and well-preserved Laurissilva present there.
– We will wander through hedges of hydrangeas. On a beautiful day, it is possible to see the neighboring islands of São Jorge and Pico.
The way back
– After this beautiful hike, you can stay a little bit longer to discover the town of Horta on your own. Otherwise, you can take the ferry back to Pico right away.
Hora de salida
Punto de retorno
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Planifica tu Hiking on the Rim of the Caldeira – Half day
- zapatos para caminar
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- Boat tickets not included
- You can join this tour if you are already in Faial
- Children ideally above 6 years old
Preguntas más frecuentes
¿Puedo cancelar mi reserva de viaje y obtener un reembolso completo?
Sí, puede consultar nuestras políticas detalladas de cancelación y reembolso por recorrido en la página de cada recorrido, en la sección «Es bueno saberlo»
¿Y si no hace buen tiempo?
Si el clima no permite realizar esta actividad de manera segura, la cancelaremos y sugeriremos una fecha alternativa.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Lugares de Interés Hiking on the Rim of the Caldeira – Half day
Suscríbete a nuestra newsletter
Regístrese para recibir actualizaciones por correo electrónico sobre noticias y ofertas