- Zertifizierter Führer
- Eingang in Caldeira Velha enthalten
- Mittagessen in einem einheimischen Restaurant
- Pick up and drop off in Ponta Delgada (please check the Map)
- Versicherung (Unfall und Haftpflicht)
The 7 wonders of Lagoa do Fogo
Van-Kleinbus-AusflügeSao Miguel island Request Tour
The 7 wonders of Lagoa do Fogo
Van Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full daySao Miguel island
A ride filled with admirable surprises in the comfort of a vehicle designed for wonderful excursions will allow you to grope the absolutely volcanic soul of the island.
The stops on the way will reveal the creative process of pottery with ancestral techniques, the still beauty of the lagoons, and the perspective over settlements from the hills – stopovers where nature is pure, and beauty is wild.
A place of earthy activity, biblical waterfalls, and prodigious fumaroles.
How is ceramic made?
That is an interesting question we will answer with a guided visit to the ceramic factory.
A magnificent waterfall
The waterfall Salto do Cabrito is another one of the many natural phenomena of São Miguel island. For those who like hiking, this beautiful trail of about 4km gives us the feeling of being at one with nature.
Impressive Fogo volcano landscapes
Answer the call of the wild. Visit and admire a true natural wonder, the most beautiful green emerald lake on the island.
Between waves and bunkers
You’ll visit bunkers built in the rocks in 1942, during WWII, and see the beach where happen some important world surf competitions.
Lagoa do Fogo is one of the most magnificent places here in São Miguel Island. This extinct crater was formed during an eruption in 1563.
Mouthwatering local food included
Each island in the Azores has its regional delicacies. Try the delicious Azorean cuisine and let yourself be carried away by traditions!
A tour to Fogo lake is definitely something you don’t want to miss during your holidays in the Azores.
In our comfortable vans, it is even better to discover this beautiful part of São Miguel island.
On this tour, you can see the beauty of the Nature Reserve Fogo and of the volcano’s caldera where you will have the opportunity to learn more about São Miguel’s volcanic activity.
Lagoa’s Ceramic factory
– First on the list is the Ceramic factory of Lagoa founded in 1862. There, you will discover the interesting creation process of the ceramic.
– After that, we will head to Fogo Lake.
Serra de Água de Pau
– Then, we will go to the top of the mountain Serra da Água de Pau. Up there at Pico da Barrosa and Lagoa do Fogo viewpoint, you will discover some amazing views over the lake.
– Fogo lake is definitely one of the most beautiful on the island, due to its pure nature and wild beauty.
– We will then drive to Caldeira Velha, a warm iron-rich waterfall. There, you can go for a dip to experience a relaxing bath surrounded by nature.
– Swimming in any of the several hot natural pools at Caldeira Velha will give you the impression that you are in the middle of a tropical forest.
Salto do Cabrito
– After this relaxing moment, we will stop at the beautiful Salto do Cabrito. It is a waterfall with a little pond of clear waters. We will also see the hydroelectric station located near the waterfall.
– Take your time to contemplate the magnificent waterfall of Salto do Cabrito, about 50m high.
Lunch at a Local Restaurant
– Experience some of the most delicious traditional dishes the Azores has to offer. We will have lunch at one of the local restaurants on the island.
– Then, we will continue our road trip to several viewpoints, such as Palheiro.
– We will also visit Ribeira Grande, the second biggest city of São Miguel, displaying the long beach of Santa Barbara. The guide will explain to you everything about the bunkers on the beach before dropping you off in Ponta Delgada.
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plane dein Van Tour to Lagoa do Fogo – Full day
Was zu bringen?
- Comfortable light clothes and shoes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Water and snacks
- If you have any food restriction, please inform us at least 48h before the tour
- The visit to Salto do Cabrito can be done by foot due to the road and weather conditions
Reviews What people think about
A big THANK YOU to PAULO, a true professional in the field of tourism, who provided us with a spectacular day, with a lot of history and adventure on the Jeep tour through Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades. For those who love nature, I highly recommend it !!!
A hug and … until next year! Matilde, Sónia and Pedro
Wow fabulous is the only way to describe this trip – Our guide Gena was very informative and not afraid to try different things
Can I take my camera with me during this activity?
Yes, but be aware that your material will be under your responsability.
Kann ich meine Tourreservierung stornieren und eine vollständige Rückerstattung erhalten?
Ja, Sie können unsere detaillierten Stornierungs- und Rückerstattungsrichtlinien pro Tour auf jeder Tourseite im Abschnitt „Gut zu wissen“ einsehen
Was ist, wenn das Wetter nicht mitspielt?
Wenn das Wetter eine sichere Durchführung dieser Aktivität nicht zulässt, werden wir sie absagen und ein alternatives Datum vorschlagen.
Will I be able to swim in Fogo lake?
No, Fogo Lake is a natural reserve, and for natural preservation purposes, it is not authorized to bathe in the lake.