- Einweisung vor der Tour
- Schwimmmaske und Schnorchel
- Kurzer Neoprenanzug
- Regenmantel und Hose (falls erforderlich)
- Leitfäden für Meeresbiologen
- Versicherung (Unfall und Haftpflicht)
Azores Adventures – Futurismo
The Wild Dolphins of Pico
Schwimmen mit DelphinenPico island Buchen
The Wild Dolphins of Pico
Swimming with Dolphins in Lajes do PicoPico island
While nature is as impressive as unpredictable, «Futurismo» has years of expertise, enough to persuade it:
Placing you in the habitat of dolphins, turning the Atlantic into a sweet, humorous, and comprehensive meeting place, that is our irrefutable offer to you.
The communication sounds produced by these creatures will be the music in your ears; the clarity of the water, your magnifying glass. This experience will define you a new place in the world.
Wild dolphins secrets revealed
The marine biologist guide aboard knows everything about dolphins and will be happy to share the knowledge with you, for an educative experience.
Here in the Azores, we can spot so many different species of dolphins! They seem to love our waters.
Look into the eyes of a wild dolphin
Having eye contact with dolphins and hearing them communicate is for sure memories that you will cherish for the rest of your life
A once-in-a-lifetime experience
This is truly a unique experience that few people on Earth will ever have the chance to live. Take your opportunity now.
Hear them communicate
Do you know what does a dolphin sounds like? You might have an idea. Believe us, in real life, it is even better!
Choose to contribute to the preservation of cetaceans, choose to see them with us, where they belong, in the ocean.
Fulfill your deepest dream and join us to swim with wild dolphins in the Azores!
This is definitely a must-do when visiting the archipelago.
In addition to swimming with the dolphins in their natural habitat, you will also learn so much about these intelligent animals.
Whilst you are in the water, you can also hear them communicate with their click and whistle sounds. An amazing underwater experience.
– At Lajes do Pico, our qualified biologists will brief you before going out on the ocean for about 2.5 hours. They will tell you all you need to know about swimming with dolphins in Pico.
– You will learn how to enter the water, how to behave around wild dolphins and how to swim with them while respecting them, as well as how to use the snorkel and mask.
Out in the sea
– During the tour, you might swim with different dolphin species. Among them: Bottlenose dolphins, Common dolphins, Risso’s dolphins, Striped dolphins or Atlantic spotted dolphins. Some of them might be curious and get closer, others will be shy and keep a distance.
– Unlike in other destinations around the world, we do not allow to touch the dolphins. This is because we want to keep them wild and relaxed about human interaction. The tour will be operated on our zodiac boat with a maximum of 8 participants aboard.
– Also, there will be only two persons in the water at a time to be sure not to scare the dolphins away and respect them.
Wir sind von der World Cetacean Alliance (WCA), der weltweit größten Meeresschutzorganisation, zertifiziert
Alle unsere Seereisen werden von erfahrenen Meeresbiologen durchgeführt, die auch an wissenschaftlichen Untersuchungen teilnehmen
With over 21.000+ sighting records, we collaborate in investigations for 20+ international universities
Sie erhalten eine volle Rückerstattung, wenn Sie mindestens 48 Stunden im Voraus stornieren
Plane dein Swimming with Dolphins in Lajes do Pico
Was zu bringen?
- Sunscreen, hat
- Flip flops
- Water and snacks
- We don’t recommend this tour for people who don’t know how to swim, pregnant women and people with back problems
- For this tour, is mandatory to sign a statement of responsibility
- The use of fins is prohibited in every swimming with dolphins tours.
Gut zu wissen
Reviews What people think about
The experience itself was incredible. I wouldn’t exactly call it „swimming with dolphins“ as you wait for them to come to you.
But they can get fairly close to people in the water, you really can see a lot once you get used to bobbing about in the middle of the Atlantic, and when everyone is in their boat the dolphins come right up to it and swim all around and under it. A terrific experience
It was an excellent experience. A very dedicated team who explained clearly the procedures especially due to the current pandemic. We met loads of friendly dolphins and saw them close by underwater in the Atlantic Ocean. Will surely be back.
We were so blessed on this trip; we swam with so many dolphins it was beyond exciting!
Futurismo was brilliant; efficient, but still very friendly, as they prepped us for the ‘swimming with dolphins’ trip, never making our party feel like just another tourist group. Just watching the dolphins interact with the boat, surfing & weaving under our boat was incredible, but then to actually be privileged enough to spend time in their habitat was special.
I won’t bore you with too much personal reflection here but suffice to say if I could go out on this trip again I would do it in a heartbeat.
Do I have to wear the life jacket even if I know how to swim?
Yes, life jackets are mandatory for everyone for safety reasons.
Kann ich die Delphine hören?
Ja. Es ist üblich, ihr Pfeifen unter Wasser zu hören.
Kann man die Delphine anfassen?
Nein. Wir schwimmen auf dem offenen Meer mit wilden Delphinen. In der Regel sind sie neugierig und können sich auch annähern, aber nie so nah, dass man sie anfassen kann.
Was ist, wenn das Wetter nicht mitspielt?
Wenn das Wetter eine sichere Durchführung dieser Aktivität nicht zulässt, werden wir sie absagen und ein alternatives Datum vorschlagen.
Top-Sehenswürdigkeiten Swimming with Dolphins in Lajes do Pico
Abonniere unseren Newsletter
Melden Sie sich für E-Mail-Updates zu Neuigkeiten und Angeboten an