- Zertifizierter Führer
- Lokale Weinprobe
- Versicherung (Unfall und Haftpflicht)
UNESCO's favorite vineyards
WandertourenPico island Request Tour
UNESCO's favorite vineyards
Hiking to Criação Velha Vineyards – Half dayPico island
No discouragement flourishes, no thought grows dark while we walk through this green-painted space decorated with carmine-colored fruits, where the breeze is a breath and the sun a warm quilt stretched over the cliffs.
By the light of a pure, clear air, we will visit the vineyards spilled over the slopes, but also furrows, barrel ramps by the seaside, shelters, and wine cellars – all that makes the wine culture a special, complex world.
By the shade of the cane fields, which sometimes hide the decency of robust cellars, we will discover the sea salty air mixed with the fresh smell of the grape must, in a unique visual, olfactory universe…
In 2004, the landscape you will see in this hiking tour was protected by UNESCO.
A bath in Azorean wine culture
You will see several interesting elements from the wine culture, specific to the Azores.
Years of hiking
Hiking routes are accompanied by the knowledge and experience of our guides.
This trail stands out for its scenic and cultural diversity.
Since 2011, it has been part of an area of Protected Landscape for the Vineyard Culture, and is one of the most emblematic trails of the island.
Indeed, it includes a great active vineyard area, where the walls streaking is in perfect state of preservation.
Wander through a 1,500 year old lava field and admire the unique vineyards made of black lava stones and special vines, resistent to the Azorean unstable weather.
– This trail is a linear route connecting Candelária to Madalena.
– From Madalena, we will reach the trail. It is located in an area that was classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2004. This trail is particularly rich in elements of the wine culture.
– You will discover what makes Pico’s wine culture so special. And how this unique landscape was created.
– Walking over a 1,500 year old lava field, you will also be able to enjoy the view over the rock islets facing Madalena. From there we can see Pico mountain and other geological formations.
– Before reaching Madalena, you will have the chance to taste the wine at the local wine cooperative. Is there any better way to end a hike?
Venture beyond the extraordinary. Unrivaled adventure
Largest tour operator in the Azores with 30 years of experience
At Futurismo, we think that educating and raising awareness among the young ones is very important for the future
We’re here to make your experience incredible. Reach us by phone, email, or WhatsApp
Apart from being a responsible tour operator, we also have a social commitment with many local organizations
Plane dein Hiking to Criação Velha Vineyards – Half day
Was zu bringen?
- Sunscreen, hat and backpack
- Comfortable light clothes
- Sweater, raincoat
- Water and snacks
Reviews What people think about
Unmissable, spectacular, repeating, and worth every euro!
I really love this company because they care and treat the dolphins with the utmost respect.
How can I book this activity?
You can select any tour within our website and get your booking confirmation on your email immediately. Alternativelly, you can visit us on our shops or get in touch with us by phone, email or send us a message on social media (Instagram and Facebook)
Kann ich meine Tourreservierung stornieren und eine vollständige Rückerstattung erhalten?
Ja, Sie können unsere detaillierten Stornierungs- und Rückerstattungsrichtlinien pro Tour auf jeder Tourseite im Abschnitt „Gut zu wissen“ einsehen
Was ist, wenn das Wetter nicht mitspielt?
Wenn das Wetter eine sichere Durchführung dieser Aktivität nicht zulässt, werden wir sie absagen und ein alternatives Datum vorschlagen.